BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
Our systems support Governments and Customers around the World in helping them defend against cyber threats and so they must be able to rely on the quality of our products. Our product teams work within the framework of a business integration project and this key interface is provided by the Engineering Delivery Manager working within the product team.
The Product Engineering Delivery Manager will be responsible for the performance of the product engineers who are assigned to provide product components (software and hardware) delivered into an internal project or programme. The internal project is the vehicle that carries out any required project integration, site deployment and training, and maintains the client side relationships.
The Product Engineering Delivery Manager needs to shape, mobilise, plan and lead a project, or portfolio of projects to deliver internal product deliveries.
Once mobilised the EDM needs to maintain ongoing management of the project, or portfolio to internal governance ensuring appropriate capability in place to maximise the engineering team’s performance, delivering to the key project measures such as schedule, quality, scope, financials, while following the internal BAE delivery assurance processes (and if appropriate external assurance processes).
The products we delivery under this role, are at the forefront of the Cyber mission, operating at near real-time at ever increasing data volumes, demanding the highest performance and resilience to operate 24/7.
What you could be doing for us:
- Agreeing definition of scope with the project stakeholder. Stakeholder means business Project Manager for contracted work or Product Owner for investment and sustainment projects.
- Organising and mobilising the required team capability from the product team, maintaining this approach throughout project execution, providing leadership to the engineering team, with management of suppliers, subcontractors and associates where required.
- Team assignment will be from a common resource pool of product engineers so resources may not be assigned full time to the EDMs projects as the pool is shared with at least one other EDM, so it is important the EDM can balance the demands of projects and the collective good of the product team.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders (external and internal customers) and actively managing their expectations through appropriate communications, reporting, assurance and governance.
- Shaping and planning of the project, or portfolio including the overall schedule, ticketing and sprint and resource planning.
- Monitoring the project against forecast spend and engineering maturity. This should encompass pro-active management of internal key project controls including (but not limited to) RAID, financials (including forecast costs to complete, technical contingency, quality, scope and schedule performance, ensuring delivery of the agreed scope against the measures agreed the stakeholder, acceptance criteria, and change requests.
- Continued refinement and enhancement of the project, programme or portfolio schedule, resources, estimates and costs to complete and the execution against an agreed schedule and cost baseline.
- Closing down the project, or portfolio at the end of an engagement, including personal performance reviews, project lessons learned and harvesting of reusable collateral (i.e. improved propositions, updated processes, reusable modules).
- Supporting to the sales and account management team in renewals, extensions and business development cross-selling opportunities.
What background are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual that can demonstrate the following:
• Providing effective leadership to the delivery team and suppliers, and taking appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
• Acting as a primary point of contact for the stakeholder and having day to day accountability for the services and solution being provided.
• Contributing towards business winning activities for new or extended work, within or related to the scope of the project, programme or portfolio.
• Coaching and providing guidance to one or more junior resources throughout the project lifecycle, managing their performance and supporting their development.
• Familiarity with JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project
• Familiarity with SAP is a plus but not essential.
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber-crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We’ll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you’ll be much more than just a job title; you’ll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.