Are you seeking an ambitious opportunity in the exciting world of Information Security? We are currently recruiting for a passionate and driven individual to join our amazing team of Digital Security Specialists. We are happy to consider applications from anyone in commuting distance of our offices in Norwich, York, Sheffield, Eastleigh, Bristol or London.
The team is part of the wider Cyber Operations function in the Global CISO Team. This role to provide IT security operational services focus to Aviva markets; supporting regulatory, IT Security best practice, policy and business requirements. GCPC provides resources, processes and technologies to identify and respond to information security/cyber threats, vulnerabilities and incidents in order to minimize adverse impact to Aviva, its customers and partners. It is an opportunity to gain exposure to wider technologies used across the team:
- Working with sophisticated technologies and experienced cyber security specialists to help secure the digital services that are deployed by Aviva
- Gain a detailed knowledge and understanding of how the DNS and HTTP protocols work
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of how to protect and defend web applications and infrastructure
- Understanding of Email Security Standards (SPF, DKIM and DMARC), TLS and certificate management, Domain Management including portfolio management and changes to DNS
- How Brand Protection is important to an organisation like Aviva
Duties & responsibilities:
- Leading the creation and delivery of future roadmap for web security services
- Drive and support the continuous improvement of the security of Aviva’s Global Perimeter to positively help protect from potential threats
- Communicate and support the implementation of security standard methodologies and processes to ensure Aviva has a proactive security posture whilst helping to reduce exposure and attack surface
- Triage alerts to identify risks and vulnerabilities using our tooling or through threat intelligence; assess the impact, remediate or liaise with the vital team(s) to help handle issues through to remediation
- Assist with other activities within Perimeter Security as the need arises to protect the perimeter
- Given the international scope of this role, each member of the team will spend one week in six ‘on call’, responding to urgent queries outside of UK office hours – you will receive overtime pay for this work
Skills & experience:
- Be experienced with email gateway security environment, able to create, manage and troubleshoot complex bespoke data protection rules, sandboxing and safelinks
- Be able to implement and troubleshoot DMARC, SPF & DKIM issues
- Ability to support the Perimeter Security Lead in the identification and ongoing monitoring of specific security risks and KPIs and production of management information
- Ability to contribute to and deliver agreed governance and oversight of the security email gateway
- Ability to lead; individuals in their activities, operational oversight of web security services
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £30,000-£45,000 depending on skills, qualifications and experience
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.