Role: Electrical Design Engineer
Req ID: 177874BR
The Weapons area primarily supports the design, development, production and integration activities associated with the Paveway IV Weapon System. The Engineering Team also undertakes numerous development studies and investigation activities involving weapon performance and platform interfacing.
There is an opportunity for someone to join the Weapons team and contribute to its development and growth. This role is ideally suited to an early career engineer with a keen interest in weapon systems, and with a background in Hardware and Firmware engineering.
The role will be based at Raytheon’s Harlow facility and the successful applicant will report directly to the Future Systems Hardware Lead. The successful candidate will have access to professional development opportunities and be part of the growing Defence Business in Raytheon UK, delivering engineering expertise across a wide range of projects to both military and civil customers worldwide.
The successful applicant will support the Weapons Team across various programmes (both internally and Customer funded) and will involve the following main duties:
• Use a background in Embedded Electrical Engineering to work with modelling, hardware and software design teams to turn concepts into reality
• Work with systems engineers to develop the hardware and firmware requirements to be used in the hardware development process.
• Work alongside software engineers to develop interface control documents and support the board design process.
• Experience in Embedded digital electronics and microprocessor system
• Familiar with using hardware development environments and confident in schematic and PCB layout
• Experience working with FPGAs and SoC technologies (e.g. the Xilinx family)
• Experience taking prototypes and turning them into production hardware
• Experience designing PCBs to pass defence engineering standards/airbourne standards
• Experience in design for manufacture
• Be able to present technical information clearly and concisely to others
• Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
• A openness to learn and try new techniques with an ability to work independently or with others to overcome obstacles
• Capable of analysing and reporting on technical data
• Eligible or holder of current SC security clearance
• Familiarity with the application of systems engineering approach across the design and development life cycle
• Experience using the Mentor Xpedition PCB design tool
• Working with a Model Based System Engineering Approach
• Working with Model Based System Engineering Tools such as Simulink
• Knowledge of ITAR and associated licensing
• Weapon Systems domain knowledge and/or experience in a similar field
• Experience in following EMC processes and generation of test documentation
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites together with remote working practices. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. It’s 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday (increasing to 27 days) + statutory public holidays.
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’.
• Flexible Benefits scheme.
• Discretionary Bonus scheme.
• Enhanced family friendly policies.
• 37hr standard working week, with an early finish on Fridays whilst operating a ‘Hybrid Working Model’*
• Canteen facilities are available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites. Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
* Our Hybrid Working Model supports flexible working arrangements on a formal or informal arrangement, considering both location and/or working hours, subject to business and customer needs. Please highlight any flexible requirements to our Recruitment team to explore the opportunities.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.