Job Title: EHS Assistant (12 month fixed term contract)
Req ID: 186518BR
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK is proud of its EHS performance and is continuing to develop tools and processes to minimise risks to our employees and the environment we operate in. Raytheon is committed to health, safety and environmental compliance with UK regulations and Corporate EHS Standards and driving improvements to our performance.
We are looking for an EHS Assistant to join our UK EHS team. Working as part of the EHS team, the EHS Assistant will provide generalist support within the EHS department to the EHS site Advisor and wider EHS and Facilities team, as well as guidance to management and employees across the business. This role will involve some business travel to support several business locations throughout the UK.
- Working on various projects with the EHS team (short term and long term)
- Demonstrate initiative in developing EHS programmes and initiating change processes
- Develop a good understanding of the EHS management system in line with legal requirements and corporate standards
- Provide EHS advice and guidance, using escalation techniques when required
- Working knowledge of risk assessment and initiating action plans
- Participate in audits and inspections, incident investigations and EHS meetings
- Assistance with site compliance and associated compliance tasks.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Keeps up to date with EHS requirements
- Reporting, report writing on EHS related issues and performance objectives and metrics.
- Ability to work to timescales, achieve personal goals and contribute to team effectiveness.
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent or working towards a diploma or equivalent occupational health / safety degree
- Proficient at report writing, creating and presenting presentations using Microsoft office tools (in particular: Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- High level of initiative and committed to meeting goals
- Excellent skills in communication and building relationships at all levels
- Able to provide support to facilities management
- Able to manage a diverse workload and prioritise accordingly
- Member of a relevant recognised industry professional body (e.g. IOSH, IIRSM) or working towards
- Commitment to continual professional development
- Ability to contribute effectively to a team and participate with group discussion
- Good verbal and analytical skills
- Current holder of or eligibility to obtain MoD Secret (SC) level security clearance
- Environmental qualification such as IEMA Certificate
- Willingness to obtain an auditing qualification (ISO 14001:2015)
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities .
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women’s Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by req ID:
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.