A career within Financial Risk and Regulatory services, will provide you with the opportunity to help business leaders embed a proactive and dynamic risk management capability and mind set into their corporate business practices. From strategy through to implementation, we help put in place people, processes and technology so they can leverage financial risk management to identify new opportunities and pursue success as smoothly, systematically and sustainably as possible in the face of changing markets, technologies and competition.Market context
All of our banking clients are seeking to transform their credit risk capabilities and functions. This is the biggest area of cost for the second line and an area that has been relatively poorly served by technology in the past. In addition the evolving platform (BaaS) ecosystem, big data, AI and cloud technologies are presenting opportunities to reimagine the end to end credit lifecycle and the role the 2nd line risk function play in conjunction with the business. Digital upskilling and the democratisation of risk modelling will also accelerate change and opportunity.
Different types of credit (and institutions) are experiencing different issues and needs:
- Retail – a number of instances where 2nd line credit risk functions have taken on more of the 1st line activity. This is now being rebalanced. In addition, many credit functions are exploring how they can make the most of the AI, advanced analytic capabilities to support better credit decisioning, risk-based pricing and conduct/behavioral analysis.
- Business and commercial – many banks are looking to standardise, streamline and automate e2e credit including increasing the amount of automated credit decisioning
- Wholesale / corporate lending – typically these processes are more manually intensive. Opportunities are presenting around better use of data for credit early warning, more automated/exception based credit analysis and review, and digitisation of the e2e workflow to support a more efficient/flexible coverage model.
- Additionally all banks are reconsidering their front-to-back credit / lending architecture, the journey to cloud and how risk decisioning, calculation, modelling and reporting services are provided as part of this. There is significant opportunity for simplification and rationalisation to reduce cost but also improve flexibility, self-service, and better informed and timely risk decisions.
We require a (Sales Hybrid Persona) director with consulting and industry experience to drive our sales pipeline, develop our integrated solutions and deliver projects with our clients in the credit risk solutions area of our Banking clients.Â Â
The main responsibilities within the role will include:Â
- O perating as a lead Solutions Architect for Credit Risk solutions in the Banking sectors, identifying opportunities and winning business with current or new clients.
- Proposing and selling solutions around credit risk management processes, models and analytics and lead on concept creation.Â
- Lead and work with our alliance partners e.g. Google, to develop, market and deliver client POC and production solutions
- Work with other UK lines of service to collaborate on opportunities and solutions – e.g. RMS for risk modelling; RA for data and analytics; T&I for AI. Typically play a solution architect type role to facilitate an appropriate proposition to solve clients needs blending technical advice with practical actions and solutions.
- Work with other consulting GTM teams to collaborate and pull through on larger/wider transformational opportunities e.g. CLT for customer decisioning, Strategy for product design / strategy, digital ops for digital banking op model and technology changes and compliance for conduct, controls and vulnerable customer solutions
- Delivering projects to PwC quality standards and strive to exceed clientsâ€™ expectations.
Skills and Experience
The Director must have Consulting experience selling and delivering engagements with Banking clients, possibly alongside previous industry-side experience. Specific skills and experience include;
- Experience of end-to-end credit lifecycle and credit risk functions for retail, business/SME, commercial and corporate/wholesale client segments.
- Skilled at understanding a client issues and architecting an integrated, tech-enabled solution in conjunction with operating model change and process digitisation.
- Experience / knowledge of credit risk application architectures and key applications including SAS, FICO Blaze (decisioning), Finastra, Moodys, and other emerging fintech. Understanding of the benefits of cloud infrastructure, big data and new/emerging technologies.
- Skilled at understanding client issues and architecting an integrated, tech-enabled solution in conjunction with operating model change and process digitisation.
- Experience / knowledge of credit risk and capital management regulatory requirements and current industry practices
- A strong understanding of risk data and technology challenges within the Banking industry, along with the development of technologies available to provide enhanced solutions for credit risk.Â
- A proven track record of selling consulting engagements in this sector, along with demonstrable success in relevant projects.
- A knowledge and proven experience of leading project teams, consisting of both in-house or outsourced technical resource.
- Experience of leading, managing and coaching teams.Â
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients’ business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries – everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.