A career within Financial Risk and Regulatory services, will provide you with the opportunity to help business leaders embed a proactive and dynamic risk management capability and mind set into their corporate business practices. From strategy through to implementation, we help put in place people, processes and technology so they can leverage financial risk management to identify new opportunities and pursue success as smoothly, systematically and sustainably as possible in the face of changing markets, technologies and competition.Market context
The financial impacts of climate risk are now firmly on the agenda for all CROs and CEOs at every bank and financial institution. Regulatory change has been the primary driver to date, however, the recent and ongoing setting of Net Zero targets (with outcomes between 2030 and 2050) is now accelerating the need for change in Risk Management strategy, framework and methods and solutions for quantifying impacts, in order to help the business identify and manage these risks and inform the business strategy, product/service design, franchise propositions, and operating models/locations.
Climate risk has three main sources of risks – physical, transition and legal – which in turn lead to financial impacts, exposures and secondary risks that can materialise.Â This is a complex issue to understand, assess, quantify and then agree mitigating actions. The complexity of actual and response scenarios and the current data limitations are the main challenges, however, the availability of data and modelling techniques will develop quickly in the next few years. This is likely to be an area of huge innovation. Banks have an immediate regulatory requirement to have incorporated and embedded climate risks into their risk management framework and approached by the end of 2021.Â However the real work then begins as this drives changes to how banks operate.
Delivery Hybrid Director to support the sales and delivery of Climate Risk engagements in conjunction with climate specialists in S&CC and risk quantification experts in Risk Modelling Services and Risk Consulting. Operate across all our key banking clients and pull through other GTMs for wider transformational opportunities.Â Â
The main responsibilities within the role will include:Â
- Operating as a lead for Climate Risk consulting services in the Banking sectors (with the possibility of leveraging into other Financial Services institutions), identifying opportunities and winning business with current or new clients.Â
- Proposing and selling solutions around climate risk management framework, process and data design and enhancement and risk quantification and lead on concept creation.Â
- Work with other UK lines of service to collaborate on opportunities and solutions – e.g. S&CC – climate technical expertise; RMS for risk quantification. Typically play a solution architect type role to facilitate an appropriate proposition to solve clients needs blending technical advice with practical actions and solutions.
- Work with other consulting GTM teams to collaborate and pull through on larger/wider transformational opportunities e.g. Finance for climate risk reporting, Strategy for product design / strategy, and operational transformation for digital banking op model and technology changes.
- Delivering projects to PwC quality standards and strive to exceed clientsâ€™ expectations.
Skills and Experience
The Director must have Consulting experience selling and delivering engagements with Banking clients, possibly alongside previous industry-side experience. Specific skills and experience include;
- Knowledge and working experience of the end-to-end risk management, stress testing and capital management lifecycle with broad appreciation of different risk types (credit, market, capital, liquidity and non-financial risks) for all types of banks (retail, business/SME, commercial and corporate / wholesale banking, broker/dealers)
- Skilled at understanding client issues and architecting an integrated, tech-enabled solution in conjunction with operating model change and process digitisation.
- Experience / knowledge of climate risk regulatory requirements and current industry practices, including having helped to embed whole of parts of the climate change/risks into the risk management approaches.
- A strong understanding of risk data and technology challenges within the Banking industry, along with the development of technologies available to provide enhanced solutions for climate risk.Â
- A proven track record of selling consulting engagements in this sector, along with demonstrable success in relevant projects.
- A knowledge and proven experience of leading project teams, consisting of both in-house or outsourced technical resource.
- Experience of leading, managing and coaching teams.Â
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients’ business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries – everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.