Job Title: Digital Technology Business Application Industrial Placement
Time Commitment: 37 hours a week
Department: Digital Technology
Closing Date: 4th February 2022
Start Date: July 2022
Vacancy Type: Student – Sandwich/Industrial Work Placement
Salary: £20,000 per annum
We are looking for a talented individual to undertake a 12-month paid work placement within our Digital Technology team, starting in July 2022.
You will have the opportunity to build a deep knowledge of business imperatives and operational issues, as well as the opportunity to fully participate in the business. The Digital Technology function is a site based team that works closely with all areas of the business to deliver Digital Transformation and support existing applications.
The challenges start on day one, as you share responsibility for major business decisions. We are proud of our long standing tradition of developing talent, and investing great energy in developing top class professionals who can operate effectively across our diverse workforce.
Upon joining our team your typical responsibilities might include:
- Digital Strategy – working with leaders and specialists from around the business as we develop and execute our Digital Strategy.
- Digital Transformation – you will take an active role in the implementation of various projects in support of the Digital Strategy as we transformation our business into a smart factory. Key activities
- Automation of transactions
- Automation of data collection
- Robotic interfaces
- Automation of reporting
- Intelligent business models
- DT cost management – working with the business to secure cost reduction opportunities and to get best value for our expenditureSystem Support – providing systems support for some of our key applications (SAP, Solumina, CIMCO, Teamcenter)
Undergraduate studying a technology based subject who has a genuine interest in Information Technology.
You will be able to demonstrate
- A drive for continuous improvement
- Self-Motivated individual
- Able to multi-task and prioritise own work
- Ability to build strong relationships and be a team player
- A can do, find a way, attitude
- Experience of delivering high quality work to deadline
- Creativity, initiative, diplomacy, self-motivation and self confidence
- Must display initiative and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically the use of Microsoft Excel to filter, clean, identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Ideally demonstrate some form of programming or web design skills VBA, Java, PHP. ASP
This is a great opportunity to broaden your personal development and experience exciting challenges. If you’re interested in a Digital Technology Placement with Collins Aerospace, we would love to hear from you.
IMPORTANT: Candidates must be able to commit to the full 12 month placement (apart from the 25 days annual holiday).
Your application will go through a variety of selection methods which may result in an interview. Please note that as we find suitable candidates we will no longer accept applications for this opportunity so suggest you apply as early as possible to have the best chance of success! Good Luck!
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.