Role: Digital Social Media Manager
Location: Flexible including work from home options
Summary of Role:
The role is responsible for overseeing the company’s content marketing and brand journalism operation. The ideal candidate will have strong storytelling skills, a passion for targeting audiences, a deep knowledge of digital media practices and analytics, and an enthusiasm for experimenting with new communications technologies. The ability to collaboratively execute communications campaigns that drive outcomes is critical to this role.
This position will oversee the company’s digital content strategy, ensuring a cadence of compelling, engaging feature stories, videos, and microtargeted content that together build the company’s reputation. The role is responsible for crafting channel strategies aligning this content to key audiences and be responsible for maintaining and growing the business social channels such as Linked In & Twitter with possible growth to Instagram.
The role is also responsible for highlighting the disruptive technologies we provide our customers as well as our talent imperative and business campaigns.
- Lead and manage the company’s digital content strategy, for Raytheon UK’s websites and existing and new social media channels.
- Collaboratively design digital marketing campaigns, including retargeting of external audiences.
- Lead and support the day to day operation of business social channels and management of campaigns to ensure brand consistency
- Maintain and enforce editorial and branding style guidelines.
- Ability to write and edit concise copy for multiple social channels and our website and assign tasks where needed.
- Collaborate with business unit communicators and editorial editor to influence key targeted audiences, including development of story angles and microtargeted channel strategies to create winning business campaigns.
- Lead and execute on intranet and website platform changes
- Monitor social media campaign progress and conversations using web analytical tools and contribute to data analytical report. Regularly review and track progress and retarget when necessary,
- Gather, analyze and disseminate competitive intelligence.
- Present to stakeholders on content strategy, including assessment of impact and resulting shifts in execution.
- Have working knowledge of content management systems such as Sharepoint and Drupal and platforms such as Sitecore.
- Ability to work collaboratively across a matrixed organization to develop and executive a unified digital content strategy.
- Awareness technology sector, (aviation, defence is a plus) including influencers and audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project teams, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role.
- Strong feature writing and editing skills, with experience writing for a variety of print and online communications media.
- Ability to provide thought leadership, draft strategic plans, and succinctly communicate to senior stakeholders.
- Proven experience with digital and social media publishing and listening tools.
- Strong business acumen and quantitative analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to do tactical as well as strategic communications
- Strong interest in experimenting with and applying future communications technologies.
- Experience of working in analytics or communications campaign measurement. And content management systems.
- Must have corporate communications experience or be ready for corporate communications framework , be analytical and have creativity too
- Bachelor’s degree in a Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- Tow years of social media management experience
- Experience with Sprinklr , Drupal and Sitecore
- Knowledge of Photoshop and google Analytics
- Experience in identifying and creating campaigns for target audiences
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold)
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women’s Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.