BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Government business unit as a Devops Engineer. We deliver next generation communications and intelligence solutions for law enforcement agencies and compliance solutions for telecommunications companies.
At the forefront of this vision is our globally successful IntelligenceReveal solution. This suite of tools provides an analytical platform that is designed to deliver complex all-source solutions built upon open, mature, modern and flexible frameworks. This solution is used to analyze data from one, or many, sources including open source data and the Dark Web.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineers to join our development teams, implementing DevOps principles, and to provide technical guidance both across the project, and to external suppliers.
You will join a strong development team, working at our Guildford office in a relaxed, friendly but technically challenging area of the business. Depending on your skills, there may also be the opportunity for client facing work, including travel in both the U.K and abroad.
What you could be doing for us:
- Contributing to refinement of non-functional requirements
- Driving the prioritisation of non-functional backlogs
- Implementing security best-practices and recommendations; often through the means of developed services and automation
- Facilitating an effective relationship between third party suppliers and client platform teams
- Taking 3rd-line escalation responsibility for applications deployed into a live, production Kubernetes environment
- Participating in workstream and project Scrum ceremonies
- Advising on delivery dependencies between third party suppliers and the client
- Raising issues and risks appropriately to Delivery Manager
What background are we looking for?
- Ability to operate in small cross-functional engineering teams to build supportable, sustainable, and reliable services
- Experience deploying, running, and troubleshooting distributed systems
- Experience of using AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Fluency in at least one of: python, go, Java
- Shell scripting (bash/sh)
- Good working knowledge of Linux-based operating systems
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (e.g Puppet/Ansible)
- Solid understanding of CI and build engineering
- Strong version control skills with git
Exposure to the following techniques, tools and platforms are desirable:
- Hortonworks, Kafka, Zookeeper, Artifactory
- Knowledge of HIDS, NIDS and security hardening
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Prometheus
- Experience of IP networking and physical networks
- nginx, HAProxy
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber-crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We’ll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you’ll be much more than just a job title; you’ll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.