Aviva are currently recruiting for a Development Lead to join their Information Technology team.
The Development Lead will provide support throughout the development & IT Change community with a focus on becoming an SME gaining additional knowledge of the wider technical landscape.
The role will be critical in ensuring consistency across developments in the ETL/Warehousing/BI space acting as a control and governance point supporting and influencing colleagues.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for technical oversight and accountable for related artefacts spanning multiple deliverables ensuring developments are delivered consistently, can be fully operational in a BAU environments and adhere to development/control standards + align to the strategy defined by the Analysis and Design Team
- SME knowledge, context, knowledge of business process, wider technology landscape to development teams supporting the delivery of fit for purpose technical solutions
- Working closely with the Development Manager (Finance or MI) to ensure appropriate governance is in place, highly optimised solutions are developed taking full account of control, performance, security, documentation, BAU maintenance and providing value for money solutions to our customers
- Acts as an independent interface between Design, delivery and business teams where needed to remediate solution design issues and provide structured problem resolutions. Able to take very complex solutions and explain them in business terms (both written & verbally)
- Acts as a quality controller across development, enforcing development standards, influencing control deliverables and consulting in low level technical solutions if required
- Leads on process and developments standards improvement activity and concisely communicates and rolls out operating procedures
Skills & Experience required:
- Solid understanding of ETL/Data warehousing/BI from both a development, design, consultancy background with experiencing operating across full project development lifecycle
- Strong technical consultancy experience across ETL/Data Warehouse/BI landscape
- Process driven, able to influence and evolve processes as needed
- Good verbal and written communication skills enabling effective interaction with both IT and Business stakeholders
- Ability to assimilate technical and business information and to help translate these into practical solutions
- Ability to positively challenge existing and proposed solutions and present designs and ideas in a clear, concise way
What will you get for this role?
- Salary up to £60,000 depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv Johal a call on 07833 239394 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.