Your new company
We challenge discrimination, promote equality of opportunity and protect human rights. We work with other organisations and individuals to achieve our aims, but are ready to take tough action against those who abuse the rights of others.
Your new role
The Desktop Engineer you will provide general IT support to our staff and users as we undertake an exciting, yet challenging, project to migrate our IT services and software to Microsoft cloud technology. You will be a skilled practitioner in Microsoft desktop services, including Windows 10, Office 365 suite, MS Teams as well as having good awareness of Active Directory administration and the Microsoft Azure platform for general user account and system administration.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Good technical knowledge of Microsoft business systems including supporting and troubleshooting Windows 10 desktops, MS Office suite, Active Directory user and security administration and group policy.
- Good knowledge of IP networking fundamentals, including DHCP, DNS, basic IP routing and security best practices as set out in Cyber Essentials toolkit.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to research and evaluate issues and make sound recommendations for improvements.
- Proven ability to produce concise and accurate documentation, for differing business and technically minded audiences.
- Awareness of relevant legislation, including the Data Protection Act, the Freedom of Information Act and the Computer Misuse Act.
- Experiencing of providing Windows 10, Active Directory and MS Office support in the workplace, including troubleshooting problems remotely and proactively finding solutions.
- Experience of working with third party service providers, including taking the lead role in raising support requests and describing problems to a technical audience.
- Desirable experience of Microsoft 365 online services in areas including user account administration, Intune device management, Exchange administration or Teams and SharePoint administration.
What you’ll get in return
Flexible working options available.
30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Civil service pension
Cycle to works scheme
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.