HS Marston Aerospace Limited, Wobaston Road, Fordhouses, Wolverhampton, WV10 6QJPower & Controls:
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Thermal and Fluid Management product lines are led from of the Marston facility which is based in Wolverhampton as part of the Collins Aeropace Power and Controls Strategic Business Unit.
Location: HS Marston Aerospace Ltd – Wolverhampton
Title: Design Team Leader
Labour grade: TBC
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Design Team Leader will manage a number of NPI (New Product Introduction) teams through the whole product life cycle. The successful candidate will be an expert in product and systems design and definition processes and will have extensive experience in successfully manage multidisciplinary engineering teams in complex project environment.
The Design Team Leader will integrate efforts between engineering disciplines, programmes, manufacturing, supply chain and quality to ensure that the teams meet Customer and stakeholders requirements (safety, functional specifications, quality, cost, schedule).
- Responsible for the Design and Definition functional capability (including process, tools and people skills)
- Responsible for the delivery of engineering milestones across projects and components (specially aerospace heat exchangers)
- Load and capacity management
- Planning of design activities
- Risk management
- Build, lead and develop a team of design engineers with the appropriate level of skills and experience to deliver the engineering design solutions
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the team
- Mentor, coach and train the team
- Define objectives and support development plans
- Lead design reviews
- Supervise, check and validate design activities and deliverables through the product life cycle
- Promote a culture of high performance and innovation
- Responsible for defining and applying the adequate processes and methods for product design, and ensuring process compliance within the team, including:
- Requirements management
- Change management
- Design optimization
- Systems engineering
- Expertise in CAD tools (NX), PLM (Teamcenter)
- Robust Design, Tolerance Design, Design for Six Sigma
- Design for manufacturing
- Design validation
- Model Based Definition
- Knowledge management (lessons learnt, design guides)
- Create a culture that promotes innovation and continuous improvement
- Develop and deliver design capability road map and contribute to the Company’s product strategy
- Contribute to Research and Development projects
- Education – Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline
- Experience – Demonstrated expertise in delivering complex design solutions and leading design teams, preferably in the Aerospace industry (heat exchangers)
- Demonstrated technical leadership in previous roles
- Expertise in the design and definition process of complex products through the product life cycle
- Expertise in CAD tools (ideally NX) and PLM (Teamcenter)
- Preferably experienced in heat exchangers, Ozone convertors and fluid management systems
- Excellent communication and reporting skills at all levels
This position may involve access to export controlled information and hardware where an export license would be required for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Employment will be subject to satisfactory security checks, export license approval, and if required, completion of a non-disclosure agreement .
The closing date for receipt of applications is 31st July 2021.
This position is open to both Internal and External candidates.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.