Alexandria Park, Penner Road, Havant, PO9 1QY, UK
Collins Aerospace, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation, is on the lookout for a Design Engineer to join the WASP Business Unit in Havant, Hampshire.
The Design Engineer (DE) is the Design Authority (DA) at WASP for all products designed, and as such, retains ownership and accountability for each part.
- Control projects and documents to agreed timescales as designated by the EM or Project Management Office (PMO) from initial conception through to customer acceptance.
- Ownership, responsibility and accountability for all customer based projects.
- Analyse and review customer inputs such as; drawings, 3D CAD, specifications and any other related supplied data to determine design criteria and factors.
- Prepare and communicate Engineering outputs including; drawings, 3D CAD, bills of materials (BOM’s) plus any other identified and related specification or technical/certification documentation to support the procurement, manufacture, final test, reliability, conformity, qualification or similarity of products and systems designed.
- Perform or seek (as required), relevant calculations, tolerance studies and finite element analysis (FEA) to compute and establish manufacturing conditions, boundaries and requirements to support design data.
- Undertake drawing checking (peer review), including proof reading and checking of manufacturing layouts and technical/certification documentation.
- Modify designs to correct operating deficiencies, test failures and/or reduce production issues or customer changes to Specification until approved and accepted.
- Review processes to improve quality, cost and delivery with a drive for efficiency and effectiveness including consideration to Health and Safety, RoSH, COSHH & REACh requirements.
- Work with the New Product Introduction (NPI) team and Manufacturing Engineer (MED) to ensure DfMA criteria is met, the design meets manufacturing requirements and any feedback is considered to close-out actions from the Product Life Cycle (PLC) database.
- Carry out validation and verification (V&V) activities as appropriate to ensure compliance of product and data for new products or systems.
Desired Key Skills / Experience:
- Design of Human Interface Devices (HID), displays, lighting and signage systems for Aerospace, Medical, Military and Automotive industry (with a strong bias to Aerospace) and high end quality Business Class seating and lighting.
- A background in Aerospace (or similar industry)
- CAD literate: Solidworks, ideally with SW Passport
- 2D Drawing experience using packages such as AutoCAD or ProgeCAD.
- Hands on person; capable of building prototypes, modifications to parts, evaluation, testing, running SLA/FDM machines etc.
- Understand complex problems, effective problem solving and collaborate with others to provide effective solutions.
- Experience of design and development of the following disciplines:
1. Machined, sheet metal, fabrication, laser and router (metal and plastic) etc.
2. Plastic, rubber, two shot, injection and compression moulding etc.
3. Control panels, switch panels, keyboards and touch screen panels.
4. Lighting products, reading lights, mood lights, gangway and exit lights etc.
5. Rapid prototype development including SLA/SLS/FDM etc.
6. Design and packaging of Electronic assemblies
7. Basic electronics / electrical knowledge
Qualifications, Experience and Essentials
- Desired; Engineering Degree (BEng, MEng or equivalent)
- Considered; HNC/HND or Apprenticeship background in an Engineering Product Design and Manufacturing environment
- CAD (3D & 2D)
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
Engineering & Technology:
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays. In addition, we provide a valuable Employee Assistance Programme, the ability to buy holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.