Crawley, United Kingdom (IMS INC)
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently seeking a Software / Systems Design Assurance Engineer to support the work we do within our Crawley and Brighton offices. We can offer remote working for this position.
- LEAD DESIGN QUALITY ENGAGEMENT. Serve as the primary Quality point of contact for assigned engineering projects. Develop project-specific Quality plans for new product developments. Assist with Engineering project planning activities, ensuring plans account for lessons learned. Collaborate with other Quality Subject Matter Experts to ensure appropriate technical engagement with projects. Represent Design Quality at customer events, customer audits, internal audits, and 3rd Party Certification audits.
- ASSESS ENGINEERING EFFECTIVENESS. Ensure engineering efforts are performed effectively and efficiently, meeting customer, company, and applicable regulatory requirements and quality expectations. Participate in planning, requirement and design reviews, test readiness reviews, and other project reviews and team meetings.
- MENTOR TEAMS. Mentor engineering teams as needed throughout the development lifecycle in the areas of process, tools, design quality, and regulatory requirements to drive a problem-free delivery.
- EVALUATE PROJECTS. Perform Quality assessments to determine the health of development projects using objective criteria. Analyze project data for trends and systemic issues and produce metric reports for management review. Employ methods such as root cause analysis.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) OR in the absence of a degree, significant relevant experience is required
- A working knowledge and demonstrated experience applying a documented design and development process
- Knowledge of effective Design Quality principles
- Experience in establishing rapport across the organisation, including leadership, engineering teams, shared service teams, and customers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Experience in assisting engineering project planning activities to ensure plans account for program requirements and past lessons learned
- Use of objective measurements and audits to proactively determine the health of projects.
- Experience in communication to project teams and leadership of design quality trends and systemic issues, and of working with others to investigate, determine root cause, and recommend corrective actions to deliver high quality designs
- Experience of designing in the aerospace industry
- Quality experience in a prior role is preferred
- Project engineering / project management, including cost account management is preferred
- Past experience in system requirements capture, design, and decomposition
- Past experience with development processes (e.g., SDLC)
- Past experience working in an agile development environment
- Past experience with Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodologies, including business process mapping, designing role-based flow charts, creating implementation plans, and documenting process improvements
- Past experience mentoring less-experienced engineers in the areas of design quality, process, and regulatory requirements is preferred
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Flexible working
• 25 days of vacation
• Competitive pay package
• Company pension plan
• Corporate health insurance
• Career Development Opportunities
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibilities.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace, in accordance with our ‘Baseline Security’ requirements, will request from candidates evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK, and employment and/or education history for up to three years, in relation to certain roles within the business. These relate to positions where access to export controlled items, (e.g., Technical data, hardware, software, and services subject to international trade control laws and regulations) and Collins IT Systems may apply. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.