Data Specialist – Salary ranges from £40,000 – £50,000
Aviva are currently seeking an experienced Data Specialist to join the business on a permanent basis.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants a challenging and varied role in the IT and Data area with a key focus on delivery.
Working in a small team to ensure monthly deliveries are met, any issues are resolved and to lead on any investigations required.
The main customers are Actuarial and Finance, but interaction will be required with many different areas of the business.
It is a hybrid role involving both IT and Finance elements of the business
A bit about the job:
Working mainly in a small team with colleagues across Bristol, York and with GSP resource based in India. This team sits within the Data & Analytics Platform (DAP) area of the IT function
Starting the month with regular tasks to ensure safe delivery of data from many sources onto our IT estate. Then following that through landing and transformation and out to our end customers in a timely & controlled manner. This will involve working with the Run team within DAP
A key area will be the completion of controls around these deliveries and dealing both internally and externally with Audit.
Use SQL and other tools delve into the varied data we have to support questions both on our deliveries and from the business to support investigations and project work.
Help identify data issues, fixes & areas of improvement and work with the wider area how to resolve these. This would involve working with our own in team developer or the wider development teams within DAP
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Ability to prioritise and make the appropriate decisions to enable the team to deliver the Month end data in line with the business deadlines.
- Analytical skills, seeking to understand how things work and finding root causes of issues
- Ability to identify process improvements.
- knowledge of financial reporting would be preferred but not essential
- knowledge of SQL type programming would be preferred but not essential
What you’ll get for this role:
- Salary ranges from £40,000 – £50,000 (depending on skills, experience, and qualifications)
- Generous pension (starting level Aviva contributes 8% when you contribute 2%)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus
- Family friendly parental and carer’s leave
- 29 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for Aviva products
- Aviva Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme
- 21 volunteering hours per year
Aviva is for everyone:
We are inclusive and welcome everyone – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you’re in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you.
Most of our people are smart working -spending around 50% of their time in our offices every week – combining the benefits of flexibility with time together with colleagues.
To find out more about working at Aviva take a look here
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Dylan Wood a call on 07385 426164 or send an email to Dylan.wood@Aviva.com
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.