Our Data Analytics Platform Design team is currently recruiting for a Data Solution Designer to be a part of their innovative and tech focus team to support on a variety of exciting IT development projects. The team is predominantly based in Bristol – we are flexible with location and the role can be based at one of our offices convenient to your location, however traveling to Bristol once a month would be required post pandemic.
The Data and Analytics Platform Design team manage, prepare and assure a wide selection of data assets to support a diverse group of business areas within our Life, Pensions and Global businesses. The team liaise with key internal stakeholders from the finance, actuarial, and regulatory reporting teams, alongside various MI, Business Intelligence and Data Science communities within Aviva.
As the Data Solution Designer, you will define solutions to support a range of development and transformation projects, balancing the needs of business projects with the need to continually modernize our complex IT estate. Our design team is multi-disciplined and multi-faceted – as a member of our pioneering team, you will provide support and design guidance across multiple teams, collaborating with business users, solution developers, solution architects, and fellow designers.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our team and business! We are constantly modernising our complex data estate – cloud and data lake are our strategic targets, with business self-service and the concept of Mesh computing also in our sights. Having experience with these specific skills is desirable, however we are happy to provide the opportunity to you if you have a healthy appetite to learn and develop these skills with us.
Responsibilities in the role:
- Interpret the business requirements and define high level solution designs
- Propose, evaluate and present design options (key design decisions)
- Keep abreast of our IT strategy, and ensuring solution designs align
- Support the definition of infrastructure on which solutions will run
- Develop an appreciation of Aviva’s product set, and the data sets that describe them
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to collaboratively define IT solutions in a complex environment
- Track record of delivering robust IT solution designs in a regulated, commercial environment
- Ability to elicit/interpret requirements from business users and liaise with data and systems SMEs
- Ability to explain technical solutions to non-technical stakeholders
- Familiarity with AWS cloud-based solutions and/or data lake solutions
- Experience or exposure to Life & Pensions industry, with some familiarity with the associated products and systems
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications
- A generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- A holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring risk handling is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with a diverse group of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Lacey Lane Mckoy a call on 0207 255 0884 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.