We are currently seeking a Data Platform Specialist to join our IT Data & Analytics Platform team! The team is cross-site, but this role will heavily support business users in our Eastleigh office and as such being located on-site in Eastleigh office is preferred. However, virtual working allows us to be flexible with the location for candidates with the right mix of skills and experience (t ravel to Eastleigh periodically will be required).
The Data Platform Specialist is a new role introduced to support our business self-service proposition. You will provide the link between the business teams and the IT technical environment and processes, ensuring an efficient and seamless service to our business users. You will provide admin support on new data and access requests, consultancy support and guidance on using the business self-service tooling (including ETL, database and reporting tools), help the business teams trouble shoot issues and improve performance of their data processes.
This is challenging and rewarding position, with the scope to work with a broad spectrum of teams in the business to help them meet their needs around data access, data tooling, processing and provisioning of data, generating business reporting, analytics and insights. Business Self-Service is a new proposition within Aviva, and we are expecting significant growth and opportunities in this space as we move forwards.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Experience of working within a data environment, using or supporting data tools and processes
- Experience working with ETL technologies such as Informatica or SSIS, and reporting tools such as Qlik, Business Objects, or Power BI. However, candidates with a more generic data background who can demonstrate the aptitude to pick up skills in these technologies will be considered
- Demonstrable ability to quickly pick up technical knowledge and skills, and to learn how to use new software and applications
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey complex information in an easy-to-understand way
- Well organised with strong attention to detail to ensure multiple work items running in parallel are completed to agreed timings
- Knowledge and experience in data lakes, data warehousing
- Experience in using Jira for work management and tracking
- Knowledge of using and developing SharePoint content
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £28,000 – £35,000 depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications
- A generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- A holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring risk handling is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with a diverse group of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Lacey Lane Mckoy a call on 0207 255 0884 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.