We are recruiting for a Data Manager to join The Data Platform Team within Aviva.
A Data Manager is accountable for adapting the Data Platform to encourage business adoption. They work closely with the Platform Architect and Group Data Architecture on how we evolve the Data Platform to encourage consolidation of data and improve its utilisation across Aviva, unlocking the value from our data assets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prioritise features we develop in the Data Platform to support business adoption. This includes how we deliver concepts like data democracy, data mesh and business self-service.
- Accountable for shaping projects which consolidates and utilise data on the Data Platform.
- Accountable for consultancy into business teams on how best to utilise the Data Platform.
- Working with the Platform Architect and Group Data Architecture development of the Data Platform Roadmap.
- Includes assisting with forming of business cases for consolidating systems to the Data Platform or improvements to the data platform to drive adoption.
- Accountable for a small team of c.5-8 people.
- Ability to input into 3-year roadmaps with Platform Architect and Group Data Architecture.
- Excellent team player who can influence across multiple stakeholders across IT and the business.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience in how Data Platform can be utilised by business teams to unlock the value of our data in business processes.
- Excellent facilitation, coaching and influencing skills. Used to influencing across IT and business at a management and head of level.
- Significant experience in a data centric team within IT or within a business function.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline.
- Professional qualification desirable.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of circa £75,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 0121 200 5926 or send an email to [email protected] .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.