Our Data Analytics Platform Design team is currently recruiting for a Data Analyst to be a part of their innovative and tech focus team to support on a variety of exciting IT development projects.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our team and business! We are constantly modernising our complex data estate – cloud and data lake are our strategic targets, with business self-service and the concept of Mesh computing also in our sights. Having experience with these specific skills is desirable, however we are happy to provide the opportunity to you if you have a healthy appetite to learn and develop these skills with us.
A bit about the role:
Our Data and Analytics Platform Design team manage, prepare and assure a wide selection of data assets to support a diverse group of business areas within our Life, Pensions and Global businesses. The team liaise with key internal stakeholders from the finance, actuarial, and regulatory reporting teams, alongside various MI, Business Intelligence and Data Science communities within Aviva.
As a Data Analyst, you will support a range of development and transformation projects, balancing the needs of business projects with the need to continually modernize our complex IT estate. Our design team is multi-disciplined and multi-faceted – as a member of our pioneering team, you will provide data analysis capability across multiple teams, collaborating with business users, solution developers, solution architects, and designers.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent SQL scripting skills
- Ability to demonstrate understanding relational database construct and concepts
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of Data Ware Housing, Data Lake and Big Data concepts
- Familiarity with AWS cloud-based solutions and/or data lake solutions and experience or exposure to Life & Pensions industry, with some familiarity with the associated products and systems
What you’ll get for this role:
- Salary up to £38,000 (depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications)
- Generous pension (starting level Aviva contributes 8% when you contribute 2%)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus
- Family friendly parental and carer’s leave
- 29 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for Aviva products
- Brilliant flexible benefits including electric cars
- Aviva Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme
- 21 volunteering hours per year
Aviva is for everyone:
We are inclusive and welcome everyone – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you’re in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you.
Most of our people are smart working -spending around 50% of their time in our offices every week – combining the benefits of flexibility with time together with colleagues.
To find out more about working at Aviva take a look here
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Lacey Lane Mckoy a call on 07385425912 or send an email to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.