Your new organisation
Eastleigh Borough Council is situated in the heart of South Hampshire, bordering the River Hamble and The Solent and a short drive from The New Forest and South Downs National Parks and has excellent travel connections by road, rail and air.
They have big ambitions and have embarked on a complete range of major projects and initiatives which include the creation of a green borough, enabling healthy communities, promoting prosperity for Local Businesses and the provision of a more diverse mix of housing to meet residentsâ€™ needs. Respected by key partners, their culture is based on supporting each other to achieve results. Their values are to take pride, think customer, think colleague and think differently, and itâ€™s these values that their staff embody in their day to day work and help to make Eastleigh a great place to work.
As an employer they offer a great range of benefits, a commitment to continuous professional development and a friendly, nurturing environment. They have ensured, despite the economically challenging last few years, no reduction in their services and indeed have expanded many areas of service delivery
Your new role
Flexible hours and working from home available
Within Cyber Security you will be responsible for security principles relating to data security. You will promote the security of the companies digital information and the IT services and systems used to process and store that information. You will be responsible for ensuring that the data across the companyâ€™s network and connected assets is protected from unauthorised access or modification.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experience of SIEM solutions
- Vulnerability management
- Good practice and ISO27001
- Data labelling and information asset handling
- Ownership of penetration testing and remediation programmes
- GDPR programmes
What you’ll get in return
Eastleigh are committed to supporting and developing all their staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable. They support their staff in maintaining a good work life balance through their innovative flexi time system.
They also have an excellent package of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing to 28 after 5 years + bank holidays
- Flexible working arrangements and ability to accrue up to 2 days additional leave per month
- Remote working up to 4 days per week
- Defined Benefit Pension Sche
- Support for continuous professional development
- Places Leisure, Eastleigh â€” 30% off Full Membership
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Car and Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.