Cyber Security Specialist
Your new company
Large public sector client involved in the education space.
Your new role
- on a day-to-day basis, the role will identify, investigate and manage known and potential cyber security risks to help protect the systems, data and digital services.
- analysis and investigation of user account compromises, vulnerable digital service reports and misused email accounts; open-source intelligence gathering, system log analysis, cyber incident response, management of vulnerability scans
- resolution of cyber security incidents for internal teams and colleagues throughout the company.
- Develop, collate and analyse cyber security key performance indicators to deliver trend reporting and identify areas for improvement.
- Support rollout of security projects that reduce the universities overall cyber risk.
- Given the criticality of the role, it may be necessary to be on-call to work out with normal business hours, including evenings, weekends and public holidays.
What you’ll need to succeed
- CREST certified Incident Manager or other similar formal training.
- understanding of Tactics, Techniques and Procedures deployed by malicious threat actors and responses necessary to effectively identify, contain and mitigate potential, or actual, cyber attacks.
- Technical skills in one or more of the following Network and systems security; Windows/Unix/Linux systems administration; TCP/IP networking; intrusion detection/prevention and malware analysis; cloud systems configuration and security; security information and event management (SIEM) tools and technology.
- Able to translate technical issues and risks to non-specialist and senior level audiences
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary £43,414 – £51 805
- 36 days holiday
- 27% pension
- Great work life balance and leave policies
- Health and well being programmes
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.