Location: Flexible (London, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds)
Contract Type: Permenant
Hours: Full time and we offer Flexible Working
KPMG has been acknowledged by Forrester as a leader in the provision of cyber security consultancy. We are investing to build our cyber consulting team to meet a growing demand and provide a comprehensive range of services to many of the UK’s most innovative, resilient and rapidly growing, privately backed companies.
We help our clients protect, detect and respond to high end cyber threats; helping them understand the cyber threat landscape, as it relates to their business and build out the specialist capabilities they need to counter cyber attacks, financial crime and other threats.
We believe that cyber security is about helping our clients to harness business opportunities safely and securely. For us, cyber security isn’t just a technical issue, it is one which engages the whole business and focusses on a holistic approach to understanding and mitigating the risks.
Our team works closely with KPMG’s broader advisory practice to link and integrate cyber security to risk management, operational resilience and IT transformation.
You will be a Manager, with a technical cyber background, within the team helping both grow our business and deliver high quality advice to clients, who are often privately backed businesses, ranging in size.
You should expect to be involved in a wide range of challenging engagements helping our clients to understand how to harness digital opportunities in a safe and secure manner.
As a Cyber Security Manager you will be advising clients on managing security risks with a particular focus on supporting our clients’ rapidly evolving digital strategies, where your knowledge of security technologies, security operations, identity and access management and compliance frameworks will enable more resilient businesses, capable of realising opportunities in new, technology enabled, ways of working.
Many of our clients are looking at a future that will involve greater regulatory scrutiny, but are also continually battling to match a rapidly changing cyber threat landscape while harnessing the opportunities offered by digital services.
As a Manager in our team, we expect you to understand the world of our clients, the complexities of modern technologies, and to be able to translate complex cyber security issues into straightforward, credible, jargon free, business advice to our clients; while making sure we can deliver the support they require.
If you are able to help our clients seize the opportunity offered by leveraging greater technology, and do so in a secure way, then you are the type of person we are looking for.
Management and delivery of client engagements to ensure delivery, quality and value to our clients by:
• Understanding their business challenges and the threats they face
• Helping them navigate the increasingly complex cyber security environment
• Advising on digital and technical aspects of cyber security governance, frameworks and operating models
• Helping them optimise their approach to digital and technical cyber security controls and risk management with a particular focus on supporting our clients with Strategy and Security Transformation, security technology, Identity and Access Management (IDAM), Data and Information Management and Resilience & Testing.
• Linking cyber security to other consultancy offerings on risk management, resilience and technology transformation to provide holistic support to our clients
• Managing and delivering small-/medium-sized engagements
• Being a trusted engagement manager and a role model for quality and risk management practices
• Developing an understanding of KPMG’s broader offerings to enable identification of business opportunities
• Assisting with sales and business development activities
• Developing constructive client relationships, both inside and outside of KPMG
• Coaching and developing team members through sharing of experience and knowledge, as well as managing the performance and development of other team members
• Building out and maintaining a professional network
• Upholding KPMG’s values by acting with integrity
• Track record in consulting or industry that demonstrates an understanding of the threat and issues faced by clients (essential)
• Proven experience of understanding and managing aspects of cyber risk, including the assessment, analysis and reporting of cyber risk in a business context (essential)
• Proven knowledge and experience of delivering one of more of the following areas: Strategy and Security Transformation, security technology change, security operations, Identity and Access Management (IDAM), Resilience & Testing or Cyber Incident Response(essential)
• Proven experience of successfully managing cyber security services ensuring the delivery of high-quality work on time and to budget
• Proven ability to lead work at sustained levels of high intensity, and inspire drive and resilience in others
• Proven ability to analyse problems, identify core issues and recommend appropriate solutions in an accurate, brief and clear way, that may be readily understood and employed by business leaders
• Proven ability in taking appropriate action after monitoring/reviewing the progress and performance of others
Qualifications and Skills:
• Recognised cyber security qualifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, NCSC CCP, M. Inst IISP, etc.), or comparable experience (essential)
• Experience of the AWS, GCP, MS Azure suite of security products and/or other security IAM, PAM, SIEM, MDM, network and endpoint platforms and products (preferable)
• IDAM certifications (preferable)
• Ability to achieve security clearance (BPSS, possibly SC Level) (preferable)
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), negotiation and project management skills (essential)
• Strong networking skills and a broad professional network (essential)
• Ability to interact with organisations at a senior levels (essential)
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.