Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Technical knowledge, understanding and installation skills which include …
- Desktops and laptops.
- Server and virtualisation.
- Microsoft365 and Azure technologies.
- Networking (LANWANWLAN & VLAN)
- Firewalls, Access Points, Network switches and other network device hardware.
- Various customer-related software such as Sage, QuickBooks, etc.
- PowerShell and command-based languages.
- Security-first focused mentality to all installations.
- Able to understand and scope solutions to benefit the growth of businesses of all industries.
- Strategic technology vision with explanation to non-technical business ownersstakeholders.
- Contributing to internal policies, procedures, and processes.
- Acting as an escalation point from customers from an ‘Account Management’ perspective.
- Seeing installations and projects through to the end on complex tasks, including working with third party vendors.
- Keeping accurate records and documentation up to date when required.
- Working with the Sales department to assist in building Scope of Works around future prospected projects.
- Detailing notes and customers in a clear and concise manner.
What we are looking for / Skills and personal attributes:
- Good customer service skills
- Passion and understanding of the IT and Technology landscape
- Fast learner with the ability to work on their own as well as part of a team
- Good communication and people skills
- Good time management
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- An A Level in ICT or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits), or
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software Development Roles
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.Find out more
- Training and development plans, including allocated training time in working hours
- Quarterly social events
- Perks such as ‘Free food Friday’
- Part of an Employee-Owned business
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.