Your new company
Our client is a forward-thinking organisation based in Edinburgh that very much operate a fast-paced and every changing environment. Their ethos of making a difference runs throughout the organisation, and with numerous achievements in customer service excellence training and personal development sits central to their value proposition together with first-class career opportunities.
Your new role
You will support the Head of Cyber Security in developing and embedding good practices within Cyber Security and wider teams. Working closely with development teams and other cyber security specialists in the team to determine standards and ensuring consistency and secure delivery of change.
You will be a subject expert in the field of cyber security and will work closely with staff and managers to provide comprehensive strategic support and guidance to them and the wider organisation.
Your remit will cover primarily technical aspects of cyber security operations including logging, monitoring, scanning, testing, assessing, continual improvement and incident response.
- manage the work of the cyber security operations team, providing significant technical expertise and leadership
- responsible for the scope, detail and accuracy of key security performance indicators to determine and improve the effectiveness of security provision
- ensure wider organisation staff recognise and respond to digital information security incidents, and to work to limiting likelihood and impact of occurrence
- support planning, testing and acceptance of resilience and recovery activities for digital services
- manage the collection of evidence to support compliance with relevant legislation, policies, standards and procedures in cyber security, for example the Data Protection Act 2018, and the Scottish Cyber Resilience Framework
- act within an escalation chain, making risk based decisions to decide how to prioritise and remediate incidents, alerts and related findings
- manage or work with dedicated project managers on audit and accreditation initiatives
You will have direct line management responsibility for a small number of posts.
Promoting best practice in cyber security you will ensure that our client’s policy and procedures maintain quality assurance levels of a high standard.
What you will get in return
This organisation offer a competitive salary and a great range of public sector benefits including government pension scheme. Joining the digital team as they expand significantly and work through a period of exciting transformation, this organisation will also offer you the chance to progress and develop your career within the cyber security environment.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.