Cyber Security Forensics Researcher
Location: Gloucester/ Flexible home working
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our rapidly growing Cyber Innovation Centre based in Gloucester. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, conducting forensics investigations and performing research on software applications. This would include conducting:
- Filesystem forensics
- Network packet analysis
- Application teardowns
- Reverse engineering
There are also options within the role to work on the research and development of new forensics techniques and tools dependent on the candidate’s experience.
This role is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to gain experience and develop a career in security research. You will be working alongside experienced researchers and software developers who will be able to provide guidance, mentorship and training.
Raytheon supports ongoing professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career, management and leadership potential.
- Basic experience using Python
- Basic understanding of common network protocols
- Experience using Microsoft and Linux operating systems
- Good written communication skills
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Understanding of basic cryptography concepts
- Familiarity with Android and iOS application development
- Experience with jailbreaking and rooting devices
- Knowledge of file formats and databases commonly found on mobile devices
- Experience using network analysis tools such as Wireshark
- Experience conducting reverse engineering
- Practical understanding of software vulnerabilities
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.