Cyber Security Engineer – Secure by Design
Location: Newbury (hybrid – no more than once a week on-site)
Contract: 3 Months
Rate: £550 per day through umbrella
Hours: 40 hours, Monday to Friday
In this role you will carry out the Secure by Design assessments and provide guidance to projects and BAU activities across the following UK business functions:
- Consumer & Business: Your focus will be to ensure we deliver secure products and services to our customers across Consumer & Business markets, as defined by client UK’s Consumer & Business functions.
- Internal: Your focus will be to ensure we deliver secure solutions to support our client’s internal business functions. These internal business functions include Technology, Finance, HR, Corporate & External Affairs and Business Intelligence.
- Apply subject matter expertise to secure our networks, products and services
- Ensure project designs comply with Baseline Security Requirements and security policy
- Ensure that projects integrate with security baseline controls such as IPS/IDS, WAF, Firewall Change Management, Identity & Access Management, SIEM and Vulnerability Management
- Ensure internal customers, external suppliers and delivery partners are aware of security standards and future strategy to influence development roadmaps
- Identify security risks, manage them with key stakeholders, and provide recommendations for risk mitigation
- Build relationships with your stakeholder community across the client business
- Escalate deviations from baseline security requirements and security architecture
- Provide advice and guidance to SbD Managers, Specialists and Cyber Security Champions.
- Approves designs that comply with policies and standards and are within parameters set by the Secure by Design Managers
- Escalates designs which deviate from policies, standards and parameters set by the Secure by Design Managers
- Raises risks and exceptions as appropriate to track deviation from policy
- Proposes solutions to correct security defects and deviation from policy
- Identifies opportunities to improve process efficiency
- Competent in understanding network designs and equipment configurations used to deliver a wide range of IT and telecommunications solutions
- Competent in applying security policies and principles defined in security architecture to real world scenarios
- Understands and applies risk management principles
- Effective communication skills to influence stakeholders and explain complex security requirements in simple terms
- Stakeholder Management – established as the go-to person for any project issues impacting on Corporate & External Affairs teams
- Establishing and maintaining single point of contact relationship with key project manager(s)
Start Date: ASAP
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.