Nomura is a global financial services group with an integrated network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, they service the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates, and governments through their three business divisions: Retail, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking), and Investment Management.
A great and exciting opportunity to join the cyber security team. A varied and busy role which include but is not limited to;
Primary duties include:
- Working with the Global Cyber Threat Intelligence team to understand the latest threats posed
- Working with the wider team for incident response both on a regional and global level
- Facilitate engagement with the business relating to matters of IT Security
- Provide reporting around assigned tasks
- Developing the tools currently in place and expanding the functionality through improvements and deployments
- Supporting the SOC with triage and regional support
Required qualities, skills, and experiences:
- A passion for IT and Cyber Security
- IT literate – Microsoft Windows & Microsoft Office Suite
- Conformable using Mobile devices (iPhones, iPad, etc.)
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills.
- Assertive, self-motivated and collaborative
- Fast learner, ability to absorb and apply information
- Great verbal and written communication
- Numerical skills
- An A Level in ICT or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits), or
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software Development Roles
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance, you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
37.5hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
You will be paid £403.84 per week whilst in your apprenticeship.
Benefits of the role:
This is an ideal opportunity to earn several industry-recognised qualifications and kick start your career in IT.
A potential opportunity for a full-time position once successfully completed the apprenticeship
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.