Cyber Security Engineer Apprentice
Who you’ll be working for:
nTrust was founded in 2002 to provide the very best IT support and IT services. Our collaborative and proactive approach has resulted in the business growing significantly year on year. Today, we work with over 150 businesses and are proud to count our very first customer amongst them.
We are proud of the team that we’ve built at nTrust. Our staff have all the opportunities they desire to grow their knowledge and enhance their skills. It’s their dedication and endeavours to provide an excellent experience for our customers that allows us to boast a 97% client retention rate.
What’s in it for you:
The company has low staff turnover and a high client retention rate. They provide strong internal and external training, culminating in industry-standard certifications and national qualifications like:
- CompTIA Network+ & Security+
- Microsoft Associate
- Level 3 & 4 Apprenticeships
You will be responsible for:
- Working with end-users to support them by phone, remote support, and even on-site when necessary.
- Processing and analysing hardware, software, and networks from cyber-criminals.
- Understanding company IT infrastructure in detail, monitoring it at all times, and evaluating threats that could potentially breach the network.
- Using and managing Microsoft 365 and related applications.
- Working with Windows and Mac PCs, Android and Apple phones, & Windows and Linux servers.
- Answering phones.
- Answering incoming queries from customers.
You will need the following skills:
- Previous help-desk experience, helping clients overcome everyday IT problems
- An interest and aptitude in technology
- Good telephone manner
- Strong written English skills
- Demonstrated aptitude with technology
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- An A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- OR a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
40 hours per week,
8:30am – 5:30pm,
Monday to Friday.
Opportunity to proceed onto a Cyber Analyst Degree Apprenticeship, where you can gain further qualifications and an increased salary.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.