Hays Technology Cyber Security are looking for a strong Security Engineer to help our client integrate a world class Endpoint Protection solution utilising Crowdstrike on a contract basis Inside IR35.
The project is already underway and you will be joining in a critical role assisting with merger integration covering different deployments ensuring that all factors are taken into account with the current apps running, how they interact and work together with the Crowdstrike build.
Your role will be to ensure that controls are harmonised across their SOC with a smooth roll out to servers and end user computing.
You will be involved in both design and architecture, details below:
- Work on architecture and design of specific cyber security capabilities relating to Endpoint Protection, Malware Protection & Anti-Virus
- Lead on the delivery of cyber security control projects across the organisation
- Lead evaluation of new technologies and capabilities where applicable
- Develop approaches for remediation of out of appetite risks
- Own the control and any configurations related to Crowdstrike, Endpoint Protection & Anti-Malware among others
- Author and/or contribute to related policies, standards and architecture patterns
- Ensure all cyber security capabilities are appropriately documented and service transitioned with all necessary artefacts completed
- Develop key indicators and analysis to continually evidence control effectiveness
- Manage third parties and others in their deliveries
- Ensuring the maximum value is exploited from solutions and optimal configurations are in place for the specific operating and threat environments.
- Architecture and engineering experience of layered security capabilities
- Defending organisations against malware. Broad experience of anti-malware, design, deployment and operations of defences and solutions
- Endpoint detection & response technologies across different operating systems
- How capabilities are used by security operations centre teams and incident responders and the common needs of those teams
- Strong understanding of how data is used to drive detections including hunt-based activities and integrations with other data sources such as threat intelligence collections
- Strong understanding of the tools, techniques and procedures used by adversaries to breach and progress compromises within organisations
- Familiarity with the NIST Cyber Security Framework & CIS Framework
- Experience of adapting plans and strategies to help manage risks around ambiguity
- Competent with one or more programming/scripting languages (Ex. Python, PowerShell, bash,Java, C#, GO) for system administration type practical tasks
- Strong foundation in system and network infrastructure
In return you will be working alongside a world class team in one of the UK’s leading financial services institutions. This is a contract role inside IR35.
Please click apply if this sounds of interest.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.