We are working with one of the UK’s leading telecommunications organisations to find 4 outstanding Cyber Security Engineers to join their highly successful team working on a client engagement. This role is a 12 month contract Inside IR35.
Delivering a range of Security Engineering project work you will need to be a self-starter with a good understanding of a range of Firewall Technologies (Fortinet, Paulo Alto etc) and a strong track record across M365 Applications & Security controls.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Test, implement, deploy, maintain, and administer the cyber defence infrastructure hardware and software.
- Analysis and development of the integration, testing, operations, and maintenance of systems security.
- Conducting independent comprehensive assessments of the management, operational, and technical security controls and control enhancements employed within or inherited by an information technology (IT) system to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls.
- Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the protection of critical cyber defence infrastructure and key resources.
- Ensure all systems security operations and maintenance activities are properly documented and updated as necessary.
- Coordinate with Security Analysts and Engineers to manage and administer the updating of rules and signatures (e.g., intrusion detection/protection systems, antivirus, and content blacklists) for specialized cyber defence applications.
- Perform cybersecurity testing of developed applications and/or systems.
- Implement and maintain system security measures in accordance with established procedures to ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation.
- Provide cybersecurity recommendations to leadership based on significant threats and vulnerabilities.
- Work with stakeholders to resolve computer security incidents and vulnerability compliance.
- Perform risk analysis (e.g., threat, vulnerability, and probability of occurrence) whenever an application or system undergoes a major change.
- Support necessary compliance activities (e.g., ensure that system security configuration guidelines are followed, compliance monitoring occurs).
You will be working in a highly effective and focused security team in an integral role. Ideally you will hold a CISSP or similar professional qualification alongside certifications across either AWS, Azure or GCP as Cloud is an integral part of the infrastructure.
This is a position requires you to either hold or be able to secure an “SC” level security clearance to be considered.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.