Cyber Security Engineer
Location Newbury (hybrid – no more than once a week on-site)
Contract 3 Months
Rate £550 per day through umbrella
Hours 40 hours, Monday to Friday
Job Overview In this role you will carry out the Secure by Design assessments and provide guidance to projects and BAU activities across the following UK business functions:
- Consumer & Business: Your focus will be to ensure we deliver secure products and services to our customers across Consumer & Business markets, as defined by client UK’s Consumer & Business functions.
- Internal: Your focus will be to ensure we deliver secure solutions to support Vodafone UK’s internal business functions. These internal business functions include Technology, Finance, HR, Corporate & External Affairs and Business Intelligence.
- Apply subject matter expertise to secure our networks, products and services
- Ensure project designs comply with Baseline Security Requirements and security policy
- Ensure that projects integrate with security baseline controls such as IPS/IDS, WAF, Firewall Change Management, Identity & Access Management, SIEM and Vulnerability Management
- Ensure internal customers, external suppliers and delivery partners are aware of security standards and future strategy to influence development roadmaps
- Identify security risks, manage them with key stakeholders, and provide recommendations for risk mitigation
- Build relationships with your stakeholder community across the client business
- Escalate deviations from baseline security requirements and security architecture
- Provide advice and guidance to SbD Managers, Specialists and Cyber Security Champions.
- Approves designs that comply with policies and standards and are within parameters set by the Secure by Design Managers
- Escalates designs which deviate from policies, standards and parameters set by the Secure by Design Managers
- Raises risks and exceptions as appropriate to track deviation from policy
- Proposes solutions to correct security defects and deviation from policy
- Identifies opportunities to improve process efficiency
- Competent in understanding network designs and equipment configurations used to deliver a wide range of IT and telecommunications solutions
- Competent in applying security policies and principles defined in security architecture to real world scenarios
- Understands and applies risk management principles
- Effective communication skills to influence stakeholders and explain complex security requirements in simple terms
- Stakeholder Management – established as the go-to person for any project issues impacting on Corporate & External Affairs teams
- Establishing and maintaining single point of contact relationship with key project manager(s)
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.