Assistant Manager – Financial Services (Cyber Security)
KPMG is acknowledged by Forrester as a leader in providing cyber security consultancy. We are investing in building our Financial Services Cyber team to meet growing demand and provide a comprehensive range of services to many of the largest financial services companies.
We help our clients protect, detect and respond to high end cyber threats; helping them understand the cyber threat landscape, make sensible decisions on investment priorities, and build the specialist capabilities they need to counter financial crime and other threats.
We believe that cyber security is about helping our clients to harness business opportunities safely and securely. For us, cyber security isn’t just a technical issue, it is one which engages the whole business and focusses on a holistic approach to understanding and mitigating the risk.
The team is an integral part of our rapidly growing FS Cyber practice. Our team works closely with KPMG’s broader advisory practice to link cyber security to financial crime and risk management, operational resilience and IT transformation
We are keen to recruit talented people who have the energy and drive to succeed in a dynamic and challenging environment and who have a passion for delivering excellent service and building strong relationships.
The team works in an agile and flexible manner, with plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and gain new knowledge. We are keen to support and develop our people to enable them to be the best they can be.
We believe we are market leaders in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and want to encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
Take a look at our website with the link below to see “What Makes Us Different”
You will be an Assistant Manager within the Financial Services Cyber team helping both grow our business and ensure our teams deliver high quality advice to clients. You should expect to be involved in a wide range of challenging engagements, ranging from major executive level cyber exercises and threat reviews, through optimisation of client security controls and cyber security programmes, to providing specialist support on issues such as cyber strategy, third party risk etc.
Our clients are under increasing regulatory scrutiny, continually battling a rapidly changing cybercrime threat while harnessing the opportunities offered by digital services.
As an Assistant Manager, we expect you to support on challenging and complex engagements. You will aim to understand the business issues and support translate cyber security issues into straightforward, credible, jargon free advice to our clients; and delivering the support they require. This will involve managing workstreams and teams and working directly with clients to deliver solution to their cloud security issues.
Above all, KPMG is looking for someone who is passionate about helping our clients with their cyber security challenges, often at a time of critical need. In return, we are committed to helping you to enjoy the role and develop your skills and career within the KPMG.
• Lead projects or workstreams of a small to medium size and complexity
• Advising on cyber security governance, frameworks and operating models
• Develop and deliver Cyber solutions for clients
• Communicate clearly with clients and other stakeholders at all levels of the business
• Contribute to the establishment and development of both internal and external relationships, and support the business development activity of senior members of the team
• Shape, develop, contribute to and present proposals/ bids for future work
• Monitor and support team members and accelerate their development with an emphasis on coaching and skills transfer
• Recognise the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strive to achieve this
• Foster a sense of self belief and confidence in others, seek to understand others motivations
We expect that you will have:
• Proven track record in cyber security environment within professional services or an in-house information security function, preferably in Financial Services.
• Knowledge of a broad range of cyber security topics e.g. governance, identity and access management, supply chain risks, security operations, incident management etc.
• Understanding of and experience with a wide range of Cyber Security principles, technologies and techniques
• Proven track record of delivering high quality outputs, on time and meeting/exceeding client expectations
• Project management experience, and the ability to organise and prioritise own work to meet project requirements
• Good communicator with the ability to build strong and lasting internal and client relationships
• A genuine interest and desire to work in the cyber security field.
• Degree level qualified preferred
• Recognised cyber security qualifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, M.Inst ISP, etc.), or comparable experience
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and project management skills
The role will be based at any of our UK offices, but will include travel; candidates must have a willingness to travel frequently, both domestically and internationally on occasions, with the potential to be away from home for set periods of time.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.