Communicate Technology PLC provide, install and maintain IT and Telecoms Services to Business Parks across the UK as well as offering cloud-based services to clients both on and off the Business Parks.
At each Business Park they adopt or install the Physical Network Infrastructure such as Network Switches, Telephone System, Servers (Dedicated or Virtual), Fibre & Cat5/6 Cabling, Video Conferencing, Wireless Network etc. and provide tenants with fully managed services over this infrastructure. The service is fully scalable from a few users to many thousands.
Communicate PLC are looking to invest heavily in apprenticeship talent and have a proven track record of hiring apprentices and providing them with a pathway progression from apprentice level through to Senior SOC Engineer.
They are now looking for an Apprentice SOC Engineer to join their growing, busy and dynamic IT team with an immediate start. This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated, driven and cyber passionate individual to undertake a Cyber Security Level 4 apprenticeship whilst gaining invaluable hands on experience within a busy security function.
The main responsibility of this role will be to assist the 1 st and 2 nd line support function with general cyber security tasks. This will involve gathering basic cyber security knowledge whilst assisting clients with risk reduction.
Duties will include:
- Production of client reports on vulnerability scanning.
- Day to day ticket management of firewalls.
- Adding VPN users to firewalls.
- SIEM alert monitoring in to the Security Operations Centre.
- Assisting in patch management and vulnerability management.
- Assisting in implementation of new client firewall projects.
- Assisting in cyber security audits.
- Reviewing of technical and non-technical documents.
- Internal cyber security management.
- Ensuring safety of internal desktops, worktops, networks etc.
- Carrying out general threat intelligence research.
- General IT system management.
Desired skills and qualities:
- Previous IT experience through work or study
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic about working in the IT sector
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm and interest in technology
- A keenness to learn and adapt to ever changing technologies
- Good personal management skills relating to conduct, timekeeping and delivery against commitments
- Good punctuality skills relating to customer and non-customer engagements
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Be a team player showing skills and the ability to managing changing priorities
- Exhibit an excellent level of verbal and written communication, dealing with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.
- An A Level in ICT or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits), or
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role.
Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software Development Roles
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.