McBride is the leading European manufacturer of cleaning products for the domestic household and professional cleaning and hygiene markets. With trading roots dating back to 1927, we employ 3,400 people across 18 locations in 12 countries and we sell over 1 billion products each year.
We develop, manufacture and distribute products for both Private Label clients in the retail segment and Contract Manufacturing for established brands. Our teams are amongst the best in the industry and apply their expertise across five focused divisions.
Home page | McBride
Cyber Security analyst – Apprentice
So you are interested in starting a career in Cyber security? You’ve come to the right place.
QA have teamed up with Mcbride to offer a level 4 apprenticeship in Cyber Security. The training you’ll receive is cutting edge. You’ll have access to the market leading learner platform with over 10,000 hours of content for the duration of the apprenticeship, coupled with amazing live classrooms and on the job training to provide you with the skills needed to be a success in your new career.
The Cyber security apprenticeships benefit from our amazing VR learner environment and really push the boundaries of what learning should look and feel like. In addition to our best in class after care, you’ll have the support you need when you need it.
A bit about the role:
Every employee has a responsibility in Hygiene, Environment, Health and Safety to take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself and others who may be affected by his acts or omissions at work and to cooperate with McBride so far as is necessary to enable them to comply with duties placed on them.
- Know and Respect the procedures and instructions;
- Work responsibly. Avoid unacceptable risks: Know the hazards, risks and control measures related to the job;
- Report anomalies immediately to the direct manager;
- Help to improve HSE performance in any other way, whenever possible.
- Supporting the day to day running of the IT operations infrastructure is a key role for the McBride business.
The reliance on system availability, which perform to an acceptable level is vital to daily business operations on a 24x7x365 basis.
The Cyber Security Analyst will be required to act to support the implementation of projects and processes to deliver our growing Information Services portfolio of key technology tools, standards and procedures.
Some other key responsibilities include:
- Provide support to the GIS Cyber Security team in delivering both plans and BAU.
- Collate and format reports for projects, progress reporting, and action planning.
- Participate in scheduling and monitoring resources.
- Help build and maintain formats for effective tracking and monitoring.
- Assist with monitoring, alerts and metrics for security tools and applications.
- Develop understanding of security management and incident response.
- Work with our Disaster recovery and Business continuity functions to develop IS continuity.
Key result areas
- Aspire to achieve 98.5% Customer Service SLA’s on response and fix time calls to the Service Desk.
- Maintain a level of preparedness of all corporate devices above 85%
- Continuously improve McBride’s Security posture and reduce risk.
- Maintain low Meantime to detection levels
- Use of stringent change management procedures to ensure a high level of control is in place for IT system changes.
What we are looking for:
Experience – Desirable, but not essential
- Good knowledge of SCCM and Windows patching.
- Experience in Software deployments.
- An understanding of email security concepts.
- An understanding of firewall policies.
- Active directory and Group policy management experience.
- Anti-virus /malware products
- An interest in IT security
Job specific competencies:
- Customer service mentality
- Strong analytical, problem solving and technical skills
- Must be able to work in a Team environment or autonomously
- Must be willing to travel to other sites across the McBride Group
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Must be flexible to be able to meet the challenges and opportunities of working within a 24×7, multi-site, multi-cultural organisation.
- A full UK driving licence is desirable
- Resilient and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Broad understanding of current external trends.
- An A Level in ICT or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits), or
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software Development Roles
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Salary and benefits:
- £21,000 – £25,000 per annum
- Hybrid Working – Interim SMART Working Policy – subject to LM approval
- Pension DC scheme – company will match up to 8%
- Life Insurance 3 x annual salary
- Private Health Care (small contribution required annual)
- 30 Days holiday plus 3 statutory days
- Additional holiday entitlement 1 day for 15 years’ service and then another at 30 years’ service
- Thank you days potential up to 3 extra days holiday if full attendance
- Monthly free product (up to 10 items)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.