Cyber Security Analyst Apprentice
Who you’ll be working for:
Communicate Technology Limited provide, install and maintain IT and Telecoms Services to Business Parks across the UK as well as offering cloud based services to clients both on and off the Business Parks.
What’s in it for you:
Communicate Technology are looking to invest heavily in Cyber Security apprenticeship talent and have a proven track record of hiring apprentices and providing them with a pathway progression from apprentice level through to Security Manager.
They are now looking for an apprentice to join their growing, busy and dynamic Security Operations Centre (SOC) team with an immediate start. This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated, driven and cyber passionate individual to undertake a Cyber Security Level 4 apprenticeship whilst gaining invaluable hands-on experience within a busy security function.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting the first and second line support function with general cyber security tasks
- Gathering basic cyber security knowledge whilst assisting clients with risk reduction
- Producing client reports on vulnerability scanning, dark web monitoring and monthly management reports
- Day-to-day ticket management of firewalls
- SIEM alert monitoring and incident handling in the Security Operations Centre
- Basic threat hunting activities to look into suspicious activity and catch threats
- Assisting in patch management and vulnerability management
- Assisting in implementation of new client firewall projects
- Assisting in cyber security audits
- Reviewing of technical and non-technical documents
- Internal cyber security management
- Ensuring safety of internal desktops, worktops, networks etc.
- Carrying out general threat intelligence research
- General IT system management
- Technologies used: Hack The box, Linux, Siem solutions, Wizu, Checkpoint, Fortinet, Open VAS, Connectwise – Linux Basic
You will need the following skills:
- Previous IT experience through work or study
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic about working in cyber security
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm and interest in technology
- A keenness to learn and adapt to ever changing technologies
- Good personal management skills relating to conduct, timekeeping and delivery against commitments
- Good punctuality skills relating to customer and non-customer engagements
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Be a team player showing skills and the ability to managing changing priorities
- Exhibit an excellent level of verbal and written communication, dealing with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients
- an A Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- OR a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm or 10am- 6pm (Hybrid)
92% of QA Apprentices secure full-time employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.