1 in 9 people in the UK used a National Express service in 2018 – and we’re proud to have the most professional drivers, the safest vehicles, and the best customer service in the business.
Join National Express and you will be joining a company which makes a big difference to the people and communities we serve.
Our people really are the secret to our success.
Our drivers are the safest people on the road. Our engineers get thousands of vehicles reliably into service every day.
Our central teams ensure we are offering a quality service to our millions of customers.
We enjoy an inclusive culture, and everyone is encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day.
At the centre of a growing and successful global company with operations on four continents, National Express has unrivalled opportunities to develop your career.
Join us on the journey where you will become part of an extended family.
Join us on the Journey:
Our IT Security Team plays an important part in the operation of IT security for the UK business units of National Express. It’s a hands-on role, supporting IT security processes and ensuring they deliver required standards. You’ll liaise with multiple stakeholders, internal teams and external suppliers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your existing IT skills and knowledge and acquire new skills. Over the course of the two years, you will undertake a Level 4 Apprenticeship alongside your work duties, giving you a comprehensive programme of online and face-to-face training, including professional qualifications to help you build your career.
You’ll be challenged and broaden your experience by getting involved in projects and new initiatives, responding to incidents and managing a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Support IT Security incident response activities.
- Support IT Security third party vendor assessments.
- Support IT Security requirements definition for projects and initiatives.
- Support IT Security process documentation.
- Support IT Security initiatives in-flight to successfully take them to completion.
- Support IT Security ad-hoc enquiries, issues and troubleshooting.
- Support the evaluation of IT security advisories and determine actions to assign them to an appropriate team.
- Support IT Security conversations with a broad set of stakeholders, including but not limited to, project managers, third party suppliers, technical teams and functional teams.
- Support IT Security reporting, summaries and weekly updates.
- Participate in meetings where IT security support is required, including project, debrief, catch-up, supplier and security testing meetings.
Experience, knowledge and skills required:
- Excellent organisational and time keeping skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion to get involved with IT Security challenges and broaden skills and abilities.
- Proficient use of IT including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Google Software and searching for information on the Internet.
- Ability to respond positively when dealing with shifting and competing priorities.
- Confidence to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Self-sufficient and dynamic individual.
- Basic technical knowledge of networks, operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers, cloud security (e.g. SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), end-point security (e.g. anti-malware), web application security (e.g. OWASP), network security (e.g. IDS/IPS, SIEM, DDOS mitigation and WAF) and penetration testing.
- Basic understanding of IT Security incident response processes.
- Ability to analyse technical information and produce summaries for non-technical members of staff.
- An A Level in ICT or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits), or
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role.
Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software Development Roles
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- Free Bus and Coach Travel – Our employees receive free travel on Nation Express – West Midlands Buses and free nationwide travel on National Express coaches.
- You can also get 50% off coach tickets for up to 4 family members*
- Health Buzz – The National Express Award-Winning Health Bus – We have a fully purpose-built Health Bus complete with a trained health professional and consultation room that visits our employees offering free health checks which include blood pressure and blood cholesterol. the bus has really delivered and helped support out employee’s health and wellbeing and has already secured three national awards.
- National Express – Pay is in line with the national living wage so salary will increase once new figures are released later this month.
- 28 days annual leave
Note: *Subject to meeting eligibility criteria
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.