Cyber Security Analyst
Job Title: Senior Cyber Security Operations Analyst Department / School: Information Security, ISG Reports To: Head of Cyber Security Operations Your new company From Nobel laureates and Olympic champions to space explorers and prime ministers, the University of Edinburgh has been influencing and creating history since it opened the gates to it’s first students in 1583. And has continued to deliver cutting-edge research, inspirational teaching and innovative thinking as there central ethos, attracting some of the greatest minds from around the globe.
Your new role
- on a day-to-day basis, the role will identify, investigate and manage known and potential cyber security risks to help protect University systems, data and digital services.
- analysis and investigation of user account compromises, vulnerable digital service reports and misused email accounts; open-source intelligence gathering, system log analysis, cyber incident response, management of vulnerability scans
- resolution of cyber security incidents for internal teams and colleagues throughout the University.
- Develop, collate and analyse cyber security key performance indicators to deliver trend reporting and identify areas for improvement.
- Support rollout of security projcets that reduce the universities overall cyber risk.
- Given the criticality of the role, it may be necessary to be on-call to work outwith normal business hours, including evenings, weekends and public holidays.
Skills you will need
- CREST certified Incident Manager or other similar formal training.
- understanding of Tactics, Techniques and Procedures deployed by malicious threat actors and responses necessary to effectively identify, contain and mitigate potential, or actual, cyber attacks.
- Technical skills in one or more of the following Network and systems security; Windows/Unix/Linux systems administration; TCP/IP networking; intrusion detection/prevention and malware analysis; cloud systems configuration and security; security information and event management (SIEM) tools and technology.
- Able to translate technical issues and risks to non-specialist and senior level audiences
What you will get in return
- Competitive salary £43,414 – £51 805
- 36 days holiday
- 27% pension
- Great work life balance and leave policies
- Health and well being programmes
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.