A phenomenal opportunity has arisen for a Cyber Security Analyst to join our CISO Global Cyber Operations team! The Global Cyber Operations Team plays a pivotal role at Aviva; they protect the global estate by detecting and preventing cyber-attacks from occurring.
This is an exciting time to join our dynamic team of security experts, who have a passion for delivering market leading IT security services. You will be provided with the opportunity to expand on your current skills within a FTSE100 financial company and support and develop operational processes to maintain the vulnerability management capability.
You could be ideal for the position if you have experience of vulnerability management, focusing on the performance of vulnerability assessments and prioritisation, supported by robust data analysis, driving a risk based and threat led responses. We are also considering individuals with a comprehensive understanding and experience of IT infrastructure management and support, with a strong desire to develop a career in Cyber Security and able to demonstrate good security knowledge and disciplines.
Duties & responsibilities include:
- Analyse results of vulnerability scans and adding threat/asset context to prioritise remediation activities
- Maintain and further improve the scanning scope and capability of the vulnerability scanning service
- Work with and supporting CISO areas and support teams to assist in validating, risk assessing, and remediating vulnerabilities along with treat Intelligence, threat hunting, red teams, operations centre and incident response
- Ensure vulnerability management processes are applied consistently across Aviva, and that acceptable risk levels are met
- Implement clear strategies, processes, procedures, and guidelines for vulnerability management aligned to relevant security policies and standards
- Refine and evolve the IT security services to provide effective, timely, and sustainable service to customers embedded in daily operations
- Create and maintain effective reporting
Skills & experience we are looking for:
- Solid technical experience and security knowledge of complex IT systems
- Experience working with private cloud hosted services (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS)
- Understanding of Cybersecurity standards and frameworks, e.g.: NIST, CIS, OWASP, SANS, ISO 27001
- Ability to assess vulnerabilities and understand their exploitation, measure the exposure, and provide appropriate risk ratings
- Cybersecurity Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs), understanding how threat agents orchestrate and manage attacks
- Knowledge of ticketing systems and workflows required to direct remediation activity in line with SLA frameworks and tracking
- Data collection and analytics, interpretation, and presentation with a keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to establish and maintain collaboration, understanding, trust and credibility with globally dispersed stakeholders at all levels
What will you get for this role?
- A salary starting from £30,000 depending on skills, qualifications and experience
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.