Cyber Security Analyst 3-month contract in Birmingham
£400 per day (within scope of IR35)
Hays IT are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation in Birmingham to recruit a Cyber Security Analyst on a contract basis.
Our client are looking for a strong influencer and excellent communicator with the ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently. Key to the role is having an inquisitive and innovative mind-set and being genuinely interested in cyber security and threat mitigation.
As a Cyber Security Analyst, you will be part of a small team reporting into the Head of Cyber Security. You will undertake a number of activities to support business wide Cyber security objectives and provide evidence-based assurance against internal standards and external contractual requirements.
You will also be responsible for collecting and analysing inputs and identifying and facilitating long term improvements.
This role will provide you with broad exposure across the business, where you will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders. There will be a breadth of challenges within the role and a variety of tasks, where no two days are the same. This role could also lead to future opportunities within the team
Your main responsibilities will involve:
• Conducting assurance reviews, and producing readily accessible, interpretable and actionable outputs.
• Supporting the development and implementation of a Cyber Security Framework.
• Collecting and analysing data to provide an accurate view of the cyber security position and compliance with
• applicable contractual obligations.
• Working with key stakeholders to monitor their cyber security improvement plans.
• Identifying and implementing risk mitigation from analysis of our SEIM product (Elastic)
• Producing reports for both technical and non-technical audiences
In order to apply, you must have the following skills and experience:
• Experience in data collection and analysis
• Understanding of Information Assurance and related activities
• Experience in conducting objective assurance reviews
• Knowledge of external Information Security standards and frameworks, such as: Cyber Essentials + and ISO 27001
• Broad experience in risk management and the application of risk management methodologies
• Information Security related degree or equivalent experience
Relevant Cyber Security Qualifications including but not limited to:
• CompTIA – Security+
• Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (CISMP)
• Certificate Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP)
• Experience working with SIEM products with knowledge of Elastic products especially beneficial
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please submit your CV.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.