Your new company
Experienced Cyber Security Analyst required on a permanent basis for a large and complex public sector organisation in Leeds. This is an exciting time to join the organisation during a period of transformation where IT Security is paramount.
Your new role
You will be responsible for a broad range of IT security activities and will have a focus on assessing the security posture of the organisation, providing metrics to support managerial oversight, risk assurance activities and alignment with regulatory and contractual obligations.
You will be required to develop comprehensive data analysis methods utilising information generated from multiple threat intelligence and monitoring tools to identify and categorise threats and vulnerabilities, including indicators of compromise and advanced persistent threats (APTs)
You will assist the IT Security Manager by providing IT security best practice and consulting across the organisation, from strategic recommendations through to project design, ensuring a common understanding and approach to IT security and educating users on security issues
What you’ll need to succeed
- Proven experience working in an Information or Cyber Security role
- Experience in analysing Security Data Sets and identifying anomalies
- Risk based approach to mitigating threats
- Broad understanding of IT
- Ability to resolve security issues to agreed timescales
- Investigate and analyst information to deliver effective outcomes to complex security issues
- Genuine interest in security with up to date knowledge of technical innovations, trends and regulatory requirements
- Ability to influence and communication complex technical matters effectively with customers and stakeholders
- Ability to stand in for the IT Security Manager when required
- Cyber security qualifications e.g Resilia, CompTIA Security+, PCI ISA, Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC are desirable but not essential
What you’ll get in return
This exciting position is paying up to £44,045 negotiable on experience and offers an excellent work life balance including: home working, 38 days annual leave, competitive pension scheme, flexibility, training, and development opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.