KPMG is acknowledged by Forrester as a leader in providing cyber security consultancy. We are investing in building our Cyber team to meet growing demand and provide a comprehensive range of services to many of the largest companies around the globe.
Broadly across our team, we help our clients protect, detect and respond to high end cyber threats; helping them understand the cyber threat landscape, make sensible decisions on investment priorities, and build the specialist capabilities they need to counter cyber-crime.
We believe that cyber security is about helping our clients to harness business opportunities safely and securely. For us, cyber security isn’t just a technical issue, it is one which engages the whole business and focusses on a holistic approach to understanding and mitigating the risk.
Our Cyber Risk Modelling and Quantification team sits within our rapidly growing Cyber practice. The team works closely with KPMG’s broader advisory practice, including the data modelling and software engineering teams. The team also works closely with KPMG member firms across the globe to ensure we collaborate and bring the most differentiated and innovative modelling and quantification solutions to our clients.
We are keen to recruit a talented Manager level candidate who has the energy and drive to help further develop the modelling and quantification solutions we take to our clients.
The team works in an agile and flexible manner, with plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and gain new knowledge. We are keen to support and develop our people to enable them to be the best they can be.
We believe we are market leaders in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and want to encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
Take a look at our website with the link below to see “What Makes Us Different”
You will be a Manager within the Cyber Risk Modelling and Quantification team helping to grow both our capability and our business. You should expect to be involved in a wide range of challenging engagements – using your knowledge and expertise to bring our cyber risk modelling and quantification tooling and methodologies to our clients. As a Manager, we expect you to be able to translate client cyber risk modelling and quantification requirements into actionable advice and solutions.
We are also always looking to develop these tools and methodologies, so you should expect to be part of a team that actively encourages innovation and ‘outside of the box’ thinking.
Day to day in the Cyber Risk Modelling and Quantification team, you should expect to be:
• Client facing:
o Designing and managing delivery of cyber risk modelling and quantification solutions into our clients
o Participating in client business development conversations to help them evaluate where cyber risk modelling and quantification can help them, and importantly, where it cannot
o Building and managing client relationships, ensuring you are thought of as a trusted advisor who our clients can receive clear and objective advice from
• Service development:
o Helping to further innovate and develop our cyber risk modelling and quantification tools and methodologies
o Maintaining your knowledge of the cyber threat landscape to ensure our cyber scenario models are kept current.
o Maintaining your knowledge of industry standard frameworks (e.g. MITRE ATT&CK and FAIR) to ensure our methodologies are aligned with good practice and the frameworks that our clients are often familiar with
o Authoring and/or contributing to whitepapers, thought leadership and/or blog posts on the topic
o Actively participating in industry conferences, panels and special interest groups
Experience and Skills
Specific to the role, we expect that you will have:
• Proven experience evaluating client cyber risk modelling and quantification problems and recommending appropriate solutions
• Proven experience developing practical and well-structured cyber risk modelling and quantification solutions – either within professional services, an in-house function, or both
• Proven experience developing clear and actionable cyber risk management information to different levels of audience within an organisation
• Proven experience selecting the right mechanisms (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, VBA, Python, etc.) to clearly structure, communicate and/or execute your thinking. (NOTE: Coding experience is not a requirement of this role)
• A strong mathematical / analytical / statistical background
• An understanding of a wide range of relevant industry standard frameworks, methodologies, principles and technologies.
More generally, we expect that you will have:
• Proven experience successfully managing complex engagements in a commercial environment, ensuring the delivery of high-quality work on time and to budget
• Proven experience leading work at sustained levels of high quality, including inspiring drive and resilience in others
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent presentation and influencing skills
• An ability to develop excellent relationships both internally and with clients at a senior level.
• Recognised cyber security qualifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, M.Inst ISP, etc.), or comparable experience advantageous.
The role will be based at any of our UK offices, but will include travel; candidates must have a willingness to travel frequently, both domestically and internationally on occasions, with the potential to be away from home for set periods of time.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.