Who we’re looking for Are you passionate about working with clients on practical, large-scale cyber defence and threat hunting? Maintaining service excellence, furthering our services and simply making the best team work to the highest level of their abilities? The scale, variety and complexity of cyber attacks is increasing every day and businesses need a trusted ally to steer them through this challenging landscape. About the team As the Managed Cyber Defence Operations Lead at PwC you will form a key part of the team responsible for the strategy and execution of our Managed Cyber Defence services to global clients. Global is the operative word because we operate internationally with a focus on consistency and availability to our client base at any time.About The Role
The Managed Cyber Defence Operations Lead role will primarily consist of leading a team comprising Architects, Project Managers, Hunt Analysts, Threat detection analysts and Threat Intelligence analysts in the day to day operations of our managed services. We draw in security event data on behalf of a wide variety of client organisations – primarily host/EDR based, although capabilities in network, application and cloud security will always be valuable. Within the role you will help in the cyber defence of complex, enterprise-wide digital security environments by acting as the focal point for service delivery providing strong leadership both internally but also directly to clients.
Preference will be given to candidates available to work in our Edinburgh office. Remote working could be possible for the right candidate. The role involves minimal travel and is primarily remote from our client organisations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Learning our product set and establishing a position as a leader in their usage in the MCD service
- Day to day oversight, scheduling, prioritisation and delivery of our Hunt operations
- Working with our clients and pre-sales teams to evaluate clients’ requirements and scope our deliverables within the context of how these are delivered by our service
- Research and stay current on emerging product features, proactively assess and integrate their usage into new and existing client deployments
- Work with our Project Managers and deployment teams to onboard new clients into the MCD service
- Contribute to RFP/RFI responses in areas related to the Operational aspects of a service sale
- Provide leadership and future thinking on operational aspects of improvement.
- Participate in post-incident washup and lessons learned activities with clients.
- Collaborate with PwC red teams and incident response teams on service improvement.
- Apply broad security industry, technology, business and professional knowledge to contribute to the ongoing development of our Global hunt services.
Skills and Experience:
- A background in managed services (IT and/or Security) or client facing business-to-business work such as consultancy
- A track record of managing day to day operational teams, troubleshooting client demands and ensuring the correct prioritisations are applied.
- Previous hands-on delivery or oversight of teams deploying and managing technical security solutions
- Experience in using toolsets including Google Chronicle, Splunk and EDR / XDR tool such as Cortex XDR, CarbonBlack, SentinelOne, CrowdStrike Falcon or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
- A strongly developed interest in systems security
- Demonstrable Change Management experience working with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of delivering operational excellence – tell us what you bring to the table
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.