Who weâ€™re looking for
Â Are you passionate about practical, large-scale defence within Cyber Security? State sponsored attacks, corporate hacking, data breaches, economic espionage and targeted intrusions, including APT.
The scale and complexity of Cyber-attacks is increasing every day and businesses need a trusted ally to steer them through this challenging landscape.
About the team
As a Cyber Defence Engineer at PwC you will form a key part of the team responsible for the development, management and execution of our Managed Cyber Defence services to our global clients. Global is the operative word because we operate internationally with a focus on consistency and availability to our client base at any time.
About The Role
The Cyber Defence Engineer role will primarily consist of scoping, evaluating and implementing our security tooling with our clients.Â We draw in security event data on behalf of a wide variety of client organisations – primarily host based, although capabilities in network, application and cloud security will always be valuable.Â Within the role you will help in the cyber defence of complex, enterprise-wide digital security environments by identifying events of concern and providing strong technical input to the client organisationsâ€™ response.
Preference may be given to candidates available to work in our Edinburgh office – however, remote working could be possible for the right candidate. The role involves minimal travel and is primarily remote from our client organisations.
Duties & ResponsibilitiesÂ
- Learning our product set and establishing a position as a trusted subject matter expert in their usage
- Working with our clients and pre-sales teams to evaluate clientsâ€™ requirements and scope our deliverables
- Research and stay current on emerging product features, proactively assess and integrate their usage into new and existing client deployments
- Guide clients in deploying our security tools in their environments
- Work within, and ultimately help shape, our response framework for globally scalable cyber defence
- Provide technical guidance to client organisations to guide them in correctly gathering relevant data for our team to analyse and respond to cyber security incidents
- Contributes to the development of policies, standards and guidelines.
- Apply broad security industry, technology, business and professional knowledge to contribute to policy-making and process design.
Skills and Experience:
- A background in client facing business-to-business work such as consultancy or managed services
- Previous hands-on delivery of technical security solutions
- Experience in using and troubleshooting an EDR / XDR toolÂ such as Cortex XDR, CarbonBlack, SentinelOne, CrowdStrike Falcon or similar
- Excellent written communication skills are a must
- A strongly developed interest in systems security
- Relevant areas of certification may include SANS / GIAC, OSCP or similar
- Strong knowledge of Windows System Internals, Defender, Active Directoryâ€™s role within the enterprise
- Working knowledge of Microsoftâ€™s Defender 365 suite is beneficial
- Demonstrable Change Management experience working with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of gleaning and analysing security information from a large variety of host and network based technologies – tell us what you bring to the table
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.