Goodrich Actuation Systems Limited, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 7EHThe customs supervisor is a key member of the Global Trade (GT) team. The customs supervisor will be located in Wolverhampton and report to the UK Customs Manager. The customs supervisor’s role is to ensure that the daily operations of the customs clearance team are conducted in an effective, efficient and compliant manner. You will be the first point of contact for customs matters and provide the direct support and guidance to the import clearance team and the wider business stake holders.
You will be required to demonstrate a solid understanding of all relevant customs, import, export and the related UK simplifications and facilitation measures/regimes related laws and regulations. Ensuring you maintain your understanding and keep up-to-date with changes as they occur within customs across UK & EU.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day operational activities of the customs clearance team.
- Supervisory responsibility of the customs clearance team (4 persons).
- Manage the team’s time sheets & holiday requirements, ensuring that daily operations are covered at all times and that customer service is not affected.
- Monitor and control the Duty/VAT exposure/liability, ensuring goods are cleared in a timely and compliant manner.
- Oversee Transit (International/Community) processes, including providing guidance on outbound/export customs flow procedures.
- Assist in the training and the development of all customs staff to ensure that they are knowledgeable and able to confidently process all customs clearances. Also providing guidance and training to other business stalk holders.
- Act as the first point of contact for any escalated queries or customs issues.
- Interact with business stake holders in a positive and high quality service manner. Manage deadlines and difficult situations, with effective and positive negotiation skills
- Prepare, maintain, and complete all customs, import/export record-keeping system requirements and documents.
- Provide the reconciliation of the Monthly MSS Data and support in the preparation of the Inward Processing (IP) Bill of Discharge (BoD).
- Support the preparation of customs reporting as required, to the local businesses, the wider corporate organisations (Global Trade (GT) & Central Customs).
- Ensure that the Customs team maintains compliance with current and evolving legislation, laws and customs procedures within the UK and any of the related business supply chain flows.
- Support the development and implementation of effective operational systems and processes (manual and/or digital) relevant to the customs activities.
- Support the internal Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) & external Customs Authority audits, as agreed with GT Country Lead & company policies.
- Attend relevant seminars and training courses to ensure the maintenance of your understanding of customs related legislation and requirements.
- Conduct any other ad-hoc tasks as and when required or instructed by the UK Customs Manager and/or the GT Country Lead.
- Support the UK Customs Manager in identifying opportunities for future improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- And/or 5 + years of proven experience within a customs or international trade role.
- Experience/background within the Aerospace Industry and/or a dynamic manufacturing /Engineering organisation.
- 3 years minimum in a Supervisory experience
- A working knowledge of UK/EU customs including, import, export and the related simplifications and facilitation measures/regimes related laws and regulations.
- An in-depth knowledge of the core customs rudiments; valuation, classification and Origin Management (Preferential and non-preferential).
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and customs platforms/software (SAP GTS).
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational & time management skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable way of working
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.