Winnersh, United Kingdom
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are currently seeking a
Customer Support and Implementation Engineer to join our team in Winnersh, Berkshire, UK. Remote working is available.
Collins Hermes™ messaging software is developed using the latest technologies and deployed on customer premises or in the AWS™ cloud based on our customer needs. Collins is looking for a Technical Product Specialist to join the global technical support and implementation team to help realize the vision of capturing the connected airspace marketplace. This new team member will work closely with internal and external customers and stakeholders to support the creation, implementation, training and support of exceptional and innovative Hermes™ solutions.
- Implement and configure software solutions against customer requirements on-premise or in the cloud
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues surrounding installation, usage, upgrade and training of products.
- Provide technical troubleshooting support within a KPI tiered support structure
- Work closely with customers and key stakeholders to understand business and product needs.
- Support user acceptance testing when required.
- Support customer training either onsite at Collins training offices or onsite at customer premises.
- Assist in documenting business and product processes to ensure compliance with process and quality
- Create requirements/user stories and effectively communicate these to the development team verbally and/or visually within user stories.
- Regularly refine and prioritize user stories/requirements based on changing business needs.
- As a team member of a 24x7x7 service organization being able to provide after hours support system recovery and troubleshooting on a rotational basis.
- 10% International travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree and significant relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and with recent relevant experience OR
- In the absence of a degree, significant and proven relevant experience will be considered
- Collaborative and proactive approach to working within a customer facing role and stakeholder management
- Experience of and/or ability to provide technical support, implementation, deployment and configuration of software solutions
- Knowledge of networks, databases, windows server and/or cloud solutions e.g. AWS
- Willingness to provide training to stakeholders/customers in new and existing product functionality
- Willingness to seek out, understand and communicate customer requirements effectively
- Have an interest in the aviation industry
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
What we offer
- Commitment to healthy worklife balance
- Flexible working from Day 1
- Family Friendly and Wellbeing policies
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Fantastic career progression
- Remote working
Location: Collins Aerospace are based just off the M4 in Winnersh, adjacent to Reading. The surrounding areas have fantastic rail and road links to London and the rest of the UK. Remote working is available.
Collins Aerospace,in accordance with our ‘Baseline Security’ requirements,will request from candidates evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK, and employment and/or education history for up to three years, in relation to certain roles within the business. These relate to positions where access to export controlled items, (e.g., Technical data, hardware, software, and services subject to international trade control laws and regulations) and Collins IT Systems may apply. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.