About the team
We deliver actionable, data-driven insights to help our clients better understand their customers and how to market to them. We combine unrivalled external and internal data sets to solve problems for clients across sectors such as retail, consumer goods, financial services and leisure & tourism. Our team of data scientists and industry experts use machine learning techniques and proprietary models to uncover the rich profile of customers’ current and future behaviours to inform how clients can better serve and communicate with their customers.
We are seeking candidates with strong data science experience to deliver projects in the customer and front office domain.
Duties and responsibilities
- Propose data science problem solving approaches
- Co-create approaches to meet user needs with clients and colleagues
- Prototype, test and improve new data science models
- Work with colleagues to deploy your models, to document and present them to business users, and to retain ownership of them in production
- Provide guidance to peers and other team members
- Develop materials for assisting in client pitches
- Engage in thought leadership activities, and to contribute to the learning and development of colleagues
Skills & experience
- Experience providing advanced analytics in a customer, retail & consumer, marketing or other front office context
- Professional record demonstrating business impact; domain experience in areas such as customer analytics, CRM, customer acquisition and retention, marketing effectiveness, consumer sentiment and retail businesses will be beneficial.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to explain and present the findings of technical work to non-expert audiences
- End to end project delivery
- Proven ability to handle multiple project commitments simultaneously
- Fluency with Python machine learning and data science packages (Scikit-learn, Apache Spark, DASK, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Strong technical expertise in data science, statistical modelling and/or machine learning
- Academic background in a relevant quantitative field, e.g. statistics, engineering, computer science, with an advanced degree (PhD / MSc) in one of these disciplines preferred.
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.