Job Title: CSR Communications Manager
Req ID: 183237BR
Location(s): Flexible, including work from home options.
Summary of Role:
Raytheon UK seeks a Communications Manager that will be responsible for developing and implementing communications strategies and campaigns for corporate social responsibility initiatives including our Forward Steps Programme.
Raytheon UK is invested in Britain and its future potential. We are committed to helping realise this potential through our Raytheon Forward Steps Programme.
Raytheon’s Forward Steps Programme is underpinned by three key tenets of the wider Raytheon CSR Strategy. Each of these is central to developing our long-term commitment to act as a responsible business, partner with the UK Government, and support our local communities.
Forward Steps will:
- Help the country take forward steps in promoting STEM.
- Ensure veterans can take the next step in their new careers.
- Support and contribute to the communities we operate in.
- Reporting to the Director of Communications, this individual will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management and execution of strategic CSR communications campaigns, providing counsel to business area executives, using multiple platforms and tactics to tell a “One Raytheon Technologies” story and liaising with third party stakeholders. This individual will be responsible for supporting the collation and measurement of social value across our company and adding to the company’s social impact strategy.
- Building strategic relationships with key stakeholders across the company and externally in the UK marketplace in the areas of CSR, which are STEM, Armed Forces, Local Community initiatives for RTN UK sites.
- Being proactive and innovative in our thinking for CSR, supporting RTN UK’s vision to be a responsible company with best practice in corporate social responsibility
- Share thought leadership in social value and maintain internal and external networks
- Leading the development of corporate social responsibility campaign plans to support
- our initiatives across armed forces charities, STEM and community programmes.
- Proactively engaging external stakeholders, including end users and third-party stakeholders and support of key business area campaigns
- Championing and gaining support for Raytheon UK’s CSR endeavours.
- Support to the digital and social media storytelling through the creation of original feature articles, videos, photographs, etc
- Developing key messages, talking points, speeches and news releases.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategic communications plans
- Proactive & creative mind with the ability to pull together team resources for maximum impact campaigns, thinking out of the box is essential
- Demonstrated networking capabilities among various communities, e.g. Ministry of Defence, and or UK government departments and other government partners
- Ability to develop relationships at all levels of an organisation and across functions
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of the technology industry, defence, aerospace or related industry is an advantage for this role.
- Experience with measuring impact of social initiatives
- Evidence of competency for initiating and driving social impact initiatives across all functions in the company to help measure social value.
- Experience working in the areas listed above.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or related field
- Communications specialist
- Experience in leading and managing programmes
- Technology sector background would be useful
- Campaigning/ Charity background
- Media/ Fundraising/Corporate communications
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold)
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women’s Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.