Â We are looking for a Manager who wants to join the Conflicts risk team and play a vital role in enabling PwCâ€™s growth whilst protecting our reputation and brand.
The role offers the opportunity to work flexibly which includes working from home. However, occasional trips to the Service Delivery Centre in Belfast may be required. In addition there will be a need to be in the London Office at least once or twice a week. Â To meet the challenges of the changing market, the individual will need to have a good awareness of risk management, excellent communication skills, good coaching skills, attention to detail, a client service mentality and the willingness to learn new technical areas.
The role involvesÂ the following:
- Act as a core member of the central Conflicts team, which reports directly to the Ethics Partner
- Working with the team to review and advise on conflict related matters from the team in Belfast, risk management and engagement teams and where appropriate escalate to senior members of the teamÂ
- Analysis of the search results in order to ascertain where there is a conflict of interest, and to clear the matter to proceed or to escalate where appropriateÂ
- Understand and identify wider risk and reputational and conflict issues
- Support Line of Service Risk Management teams as they support engagement teams to identify, respond to and manage conflict risk
- Ensuring there is a close working relationship with the central team and the team based in BelfastÂ
- Actively contributing to the building of an effective conflicts team including systems enhancements and identifying operational/process efficiencies
- Review and comment on conflicts clauses in contracts with clientsÂ
- Review and comment in conjunction with other Risk ManagementÂ teams that will be escalated on conflicts matters that will be escalated to to senior leadership
Skills, experience and qualificationsÂ
- Work experience (preferably in Risk Management or conflicts) in a professional services environment
- High level understanding of the ICAEW and IESBA regime applying to conflicts of interest and confidential information
- Good commercial awareness
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work autonomously, escalate and prioritise multiple tasks
- Clear verbal, written and face to face communication skills with staff at every level
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and research resources
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
About the role
This role will provide the successful candidate with opportunities:
- to oversee and develop an ambitious and talented virtual team
- to learn about and apply very topical areas of regulation and law
- to help the firm meet its regulatory and network responsibilities by managing/performing various processes and activities
- to contribute towards protecting the firmâ€™s reputation
- to work flexibly as part of a vibrant virtual team
The Independence, Conflicts and Ethics team is led by twoÂ partners reporting directly to a member of the UK firmâ€™s Executive Board. The teamâ€™s role is to support the partners and staff within PwC through the provision of policy and guidance to the firm in respect of a number of regulatory areas, including Independence, Conflicts and Business Conduct and Ethics.Â
PwC’s ambition to grow through development of new innovative ways to serve clients, the ongoing climate of regulatory change and the increased focus on globalisation all mean that theÂ Conflicts Team plays a part in enabling PwCâ€™s growth whilst protecting our reputation.
The Conflicts Team is a team within the IndependenceÂ & Ethics Team which is made up of over 40 people from a variety of different backgrounds. Whilst we are a non-client facing team, we have a significant role to play in the firmâ€™s ongoing success. Â Â
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, â€The PwC Professionalâ€™ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, weâ€™re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.