Commercial Manager, Alliances & Subcontractors
Part of the KPMG Commercial Management team, who exist to grow the ability of KPMG to build long-term commercially resilient and profitable relationships with clients.
This is achieved by continuously developing and leveraging a deep understanding of the commercial strategies of our major clients, their bid processes, and critical drivers, and providing advice and leadership on overarching strategy, optimising fees, account plans, and tender responses.
The Commercial Manager for the KPMG Alliances and third-party Subcontractors:
- Supporting the delivery of the overarching commercial strategy for Alliances & Subcontractor (excludes contingent labour and sole traders) ensuring it aligns with the both the firm’s Trust & Growth strategy and the Commercial Management team strategy, to deliver demonstrable impact to the business.
- Engender a strong, embedded and highly collaborative relationships with KPMG solution owners, Client Leader Partners and Client Service Teams to ensure commercial activities involving Alliances and Subcontractors are wholly aligned to the strategic priorities of their business and the operating policies and controls of KPMG.
- Ensuring all Alliances &Subcontractor identification, engagement and use are based on sound commercial principles and in accordance with agreed firm processes.
- Lead and support commercial negotiations with Alliances & Subcontractors
- Identify opportunities to improve commercials arrangements and drive these through to successful outcomes.
- Work with Commercial Management colleagues to frame participation in client competitive tendering processes which have a dependency on using an Alliances or Subcontractor.
- Support the ongoing evolution of Commercial Management function:
- Improve control systems for contracts with KPMG clients and other third parties
- Performance metrics to drive impact, focussing effort on the biggest return.
- Promote profile and impact internally and externally.
- Build relationships with key internal stakeholders at Partner and Executive level.
Required skills and qualifications
- Deep domain expertise in negotiating with suppliers and, or other third-party entities
- Track record of leveraging creative commercial buying models beyond T&M such as risk reward / gain share / outcomes based / investment models
- Experience of working and dealing with Professional Services
- Understanding multi entity / multi-country / global contracts
- Leadership and people skills – Engages colleagues and teams, instils confidence, and coaches people to achieve exceptional results. Focuses on self-development and continuous learning for self and others, providing leadership and mentoring for others.
- Mindset – Understands the need for this function to exist within KPMG and can appreciate the scope responsibility, size, and potential of the role. Demonstrates an appetite and ambition to continue to advance the impact of the function at KPMG. Exercises sound business judgment when making decisions.
- Negotiation – A commercially astute and strong negotiator who can hold/protect margin in contract discussions whilst taking on responsibility for liaising with client procurement functions. Takes personal responsibility for the ethical environment of the firm, role modelling KPMG values.
- Stakeholder Management – Reporting into Sector Commercial Manager , this person will have a strong track record of effective stakeholder management, able to demonstrate influence and appropriate gravitas towards the KMPG UK Partner Group, Pricing team, Business Transformation team and external clients – from C suite / procurement & commercial roles.
- Credibility – Has worked in senior commercial roles and brings the required track record of working on multi-million-pound projects.
- Process – co shape a sustainable legacy and operating model which allows Partners to efficiently challenge the profitability of each substantial deal and client relationship. Prior experience of this would be desirable. Embraces a culture of innovation and experimentation to create additional value.
Why work for KPMG?
In your role, you’ll work flexibly at our offices and home. Our people have always worked flexibly – so this way of working isn’t new for us. We’re creating a tech-driven business to empower and equip our people to be outstanding in delivery, no matter where they work – through inspiring collaboration spaces and new technologies.
KPMG is proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunities employer. We’re always looking to attract the very best people from the widest possible talent pool and recognise that we need Inclusion, Diversity and Social Equality to be successful. We remove barriers that can prevent our people from reaching their full potential and fostering a fully inclusive environment which maximises collaboration and empowers everyone at KPMG to bring their whole selves to work.
Reward and Benefits
By joining us, you can look forward to a competitive salary and a broad range of employee benefits, which can be found through the following link: Reward and recognition (kpmgcareers.co.uk)
We’re an ambitious, values-led global firm, full of fantastic people. We want to make a lasting impact on the world – transforming businesses, developing trust and confidence in markets, and building stronger, fairer communities. Please meet our aspiring employees who will give you further insight into the culture at KPMG People profiles (kpmgcareers.co.uk)
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.