A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud. Reporting to the Commercial Insights Team leader
Working with the Commercial Insights team and their key stakeholders, UK Finance Director , Clients and Markets leaders and LoS Directors of Finance the role will involve working to implement the finance agenda, including business performance management, profit improvement and commercial awareness.
Strategy, Planning and Budgeting
- Working in conjunction with a team to drive profitable growth and determine relevant metrics for industry sectors, large client accounts and xLoS propositions to maximise financial performance.
- Assist with commercial analytics, interpretation and modelling.
- Providing team with insight to the strategic direction of the business and working in close collaboration with LoS DoFs and finance teams to ensure broader business plans are consistent and aligned with financial goals
- Supporting a smooth Clients & Markets planning process, contributing ideas and efficient working practices that could be adopted.
- Supporting implementation of the Commercial Insights team strategy, identifying markets / client accounts where performance is inconsistent with plans, undertaking review of main trends and variances.
Performance Management and Profit Improvement
- Supports Commercial Insights team with interpretation and analysis of monthly results, identifying underlying trends and areas of concern, providing value added insight
- Subject matter expert representative on various working groups ie Salesforce
- Develops complex pricing and profitability support capability for large client tenders to ensure MSAs / rate cards / proposals are commercially sound
- Helps devise and implements pricing strategies and methodologies
- Increases commercial awareness in the business via training
- Assists in delivering ongoing high quality decision support, analysis and insight in all aspects of commercial performance to key stakeholders such as Industry, client account lead partners and CME leadership
- Maintains a strong understanding of commercial activities across the Firm
- Focuses on ongoing quality improvement, own development, best practice sharing and team working.
Collaboration and team working
- Promotes knowledge sharing within the Commercial Insights team
- Maintains strong relationships with the regional Finance Leaders, sharing best practice and keeping the group up to date with core Commercial Insights team developments
- Ensure that the Commercial Insights team works in partnership with CME, Exec Board Market Leader EAs, proposal teams, SMT, BDS and DI.
- Encourages the team to act as the ‘face of Finance’ ie strong ambassadors for OneFinance and positive role models
The following skills are required for this role:
- Builds and develops strong, sustainable relationships internally and externally
- Has the ability to influence at all levels and to take a view and challenge when necessary
Strategic & commercial awareness
- Understands the broader business dimensions and is able to focus on the bigger picture
- Broad appreciation of macroeconomic and external business environment
- Demonstrates strong commercial acumen
Leadership & teamwork
- Acts as a role model – Good team working and networker.
- Develops others and self .
Planning, analytical and delivery skills
- Is highly analytical and is able to formulate and follow through long term plans
- Takes ownership, gets things done and solves problems
- Proactive and a self-starter.
- Manages change effectively, whether self initiated or imposed
- Desirable to have proficiency with data analytics and visualisation tools .
- Highly proficient in Excel / Google Sheets
- Personal & professional behaviour
- Demonstrates a high level of curiosity, consultation skills and integrity
- Excellent commercial & analytical skills
- Builds credibility and is very professional
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.