Why you should join us…
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can’t get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
Business overview per Business Area:
Connecting with millions of people every day means keeping millions of people – and their data – safe. Data and tech are at the heart of the ITV Way, so it makes sense that our Cyber Security team operate at the heart of our business. A true priority for us, it’s about transforming our broadcast, growing our unique content expanding our digital products in a safe way so that millions around the world can enjoy our amazing creativity.
This role entails…
At ITV, we want to be the digitally led company that brings brilliant content to global audiences wherever, whenever and however they choose. As part of our new data strategy, we need to develop a highly agile, reliable, and scalable data platform for our data teams that delivers security by design without compromise and you’ll have a great level of influence on how that happens. If this is something that excites you read on…
This is a hands on role, developing and maintaining the right security tools to provide high levels of security assurance across ITV Cloud Platforms. You will work with platform engineers in our data and insight group to ensure that security is built in from the start and integrated into our platform, our CI/CD pipelines, our ETLs processes … without restricting agility or innovation. You will champion security throughout the data teams so that security tooling is simple, scalable and highlighly effective for engineers, data scientist, analyst and ML engineers to use. The role will also align closely with, and leverage the experience of the wider cyber security team particularly when managing incidents. This is an ideal role for someone looking to help define and deliver ITV’s data strategy and cyber security capabilities. We welcome applications from good platform engineers that want to focus on security longer term.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
Minimum role criteria:
- AWS experience
- Experience with automation & orchestration around security
- Experience with AWS native security tools
- Comfortable with scripting and coding
- Understand how to secure public facing endpoints
- Understand how to secure data (storage, encryption, ETLs, …) and data products (ML, analytics …)
- Comfortable using automation tools
- Ability to solve complex technical challenges in a collaborative way
- Good understanding of addressing security in VMs, containers and serverless
- Be comfortable building dashboards and consolidating data from multiple data sources
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you have a disability, we’ll guarantee you’ll get to the next stage*.
(minimum criteria above)
The Key role criteria is as follows:
- Define and embed technical security principles and standards through code across our data platform
- Develop, maintain and automate security tools for configuration management, secure software development and third party integration
- Proactively identify vulnerabilities, provide solutions and drive remediation
(ideally through automation runbooks)
- Build centralised security reporting dashboards that provide security assurance across our data platform and data products.
- Be a point of contact for security incidents across our data platform.
Work with our Managed Security Solutions Partner (MSSP) to develop innovative ways to monitor and respond to threats across data platform
We’re happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything… our email is [email protected]. Find out more here
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here
* There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.