Lloyds Banking Group.
Google Cloud Security Engineer – Contract
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK’s largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper.
We’re on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it! Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we’re redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
Our Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) is looking for a Google Cloud Security DevOps Engineer to be involved in the design and delivery of security services across the organisation’s Cloud Platform environment, with accountability for a range of work across both Security ‘build’ and ‘run’.
You’ll have in-depth technical understanding and experience of public cloud, API and micro-service architectures, providing low-level hands-on technical engineering expertise for Security CCoE’s control framework and continuous compliance service. Additionally, you’ll take ownership for the ongoing maturing and automation of foundation security services provided for wider consumption across the organisation.
You would be involved in senior level engagement into the business area and be accountable for the delivery of assigned projects, representation at local governance along with providing senior technical leadership and consultancy to both internal CCoE and external colleagues as required.
What you’ll get involved with:
- Technical ownership of key Security CCoE deliverables
- SME accountability for core security control framework components & services (GCP)
- Manage senior level engagement into the business portfolio
- Represent Security at localised governance forums
- Ratify the risk rating and endorse the acceptance of risk in line with risk guiderails
- Partner concern point for cyber security related issues, originating from within the aligned project area
- Engineering new solutions/features and releasing in to live environments
What you’ll need:
- Hands on experience in:
- Google Cloud (GCP) – Azure/AWS expertise considered in relation to upskilling on GCP
- CI/CD + Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Jenkins, Spinnaker)
- API-based architectures
- Securing GKE/Istio (Kubernetes)
- OPA (Open Policy Agent) preferable
- Platform/Infrastructure Security (not Application Development)
- Experience supporting major programmes and other project based activities, including presenting at governance forums
- Strong partner management skills, including managing differing stakeholder requirements
- Experience in reviewing security risks, assessing risk ratings and working within risk guidelines
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive day rate (Inside IR35)
- Contracts largely extended beyond 3-6 months
- Experience of working with Innovative technologies
- Supportive, Inclusive working environment where you’ll really feel like part of a great team
As a new colleague you’ll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We’re committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, whether this is job share/part time/various hours. You can be based from any UK location and our roles are largely home based. We’re an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation. So, if you possess the Cyber skills we’re seeking then get in touch, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.