PwC is a market leading provider of cyber security services to major organisations worldwide. Our global team of over 4,850 cybersecurity professionals includes specialised consultants, former law enforcement officials, forensic investigators, intelligence analysts, data scientists, legal professionals and industry leaders in cyber security and privacy. We are rated as a leader by multiple industry analysts for Global, EMEA and Asia-Pacific Cybersecurity Consulting services.Â
Our team provides a mixture of managed and professional services including incident response, threat intelligence, ethical hacking and threat hunting. Our bespoke technology platforms and automation are important to our success, ensuring that team members have robust tools to collect and analyse data, and our clients have reliable access to our services.
We are looking for a cloud operations engineer to manage the lifecycle of services in Google Cloud Platform and provide innovative solutions to new challenges.
- Build, deploy and maintain innovative solutions using Google Cloud Platform and Gitlab CI/CD.
- Drive proof-of-concept work to find new technology to assist the team.
- Monitor the health and security of deployed solutions, ensuring they are available and adhere to recognised security standards.
- Liaise with internal security teams during the development and launch of new technologies, ensuring we follow best practices and firmwide procedures.
- Align cloud architectures with broader business requirements across multiple stakeholders.
- Contribute to internal documentation for both technical (devops) and non-technical (analyst, customer) audiences.
- Track usage of cloud resources, providing regular budget updates to the management team.
- Provide mentoring and oversight to other developers to help the team grow and develop.
- Help to grow PwCâ€™s reputation in the cyber security market, building trusted relationships with external partners.
You will ideally have knowledge and experience of the following, or a proven ability to develop it autonomously:
- Developing and maintaining CI/CD solutions, including designing pipelines and use of containers and appropriate security hardening for internet facing services.
- Maintaining PaaS / IaaS components from cloud providers, such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP), including K8s / AppEngine.
- Managing data storage solutions including MySQL / Elasticsearch / GCP Datastore and analysis techniques including Cloud Dataflow and BigQuery (or equivalent).
- Liaising with developers and users to collect requirements, prioritise tasks and plan sprints â€” balancing new capability with maintenance of existing systems.
- Building, testing, deploying, and maintaining automation tools using modern development practices (Python and Golang).
- Documenting infrastructure throughout the lifecycle of deployments.
- Debugging / refactoring problems, including existing systems, to diagnose and fix issues that arise.
Desirable skills for this role include:
- Managing or mentoring a small team of developers and operations engineers, aligned to the principles above, to achieve goals agreed with business needs.
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.